VIII

ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
.
.
.
.
.

"There you are, whe--... Who's this?"

Hop paused in his tracks seeing (Y/n) with a boy just about his height just slightly taller. His scowl made Hop tick smiling irretrievably, if that weren't enough the first thing he noticed was how he had hold of her hand. (Y/n) dragged Bede over to Hop introducing him, "Hop this is Bede the guy I told you about, remember?"

"The friend that got you pulled into the water, correct?"

"The Pokemon pulled us in to be exact, course you had to be there to see the size of it"

Bede hummed scanning the male, thinking this was the guy (Y/n) was talking about while he was picking out new clothes for her to wear. Curiosity swam through his brain wondering how someone like (Y/n) would be friends with someone like him. He clenched his basket glancing at (Y/n) when she spoke, "And um Bede this is Hop my--"

"Childhood Best Friend! Yup, we've known each other since babies! So we've been together for a looong time!"

Hop grinned seeing the frown grow on the fluffy-haired male. Victory washed over him knowing he had the upper hand over this new friend of hers. Bede scoffed crossing his arms, "Well no wonder, she's stuck with your loudmouth"

"Huh?! W-Well at least I'm not obsessed with pink!"

"Really? That's the best you can do? Also pink is in this season, wouldn't hurt to have a splash of color in your wardrobe"

Bede smirked motioning to his clothing causing Hop to fume, just as Hop was about to bump heads with him Victor came out of nowhere landing a chop on Hop's head calming him down, "Sorry about that, that's why we're here to change his style. I'm Victor, a friend of these two"

Victor smiled holding his hand out to Bede, Bede squints his eyes at the new boy shaking his hand cautiously. With a short hello he turned to (Y/n) bidding a goodbye, "Hopefully you purchase what I offered, see you around"

"Y-Yeah I will, thank you"

(Y/n) waved to Bede with a smile watching him leave after he bought his clothes. Hop glared at the trotting boy behind (Y/n) getting chopped again, "Be nice"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Bede? That's a weird name don't you think?"

Hop spoke holding tightly to (Y/n)'s hand that was originally holding Bede's, he didn't want any part of his touch to linger on her. Victor elbowed Hop scolding him for judging someone of their name, if anything he shouldn't be saying anything considering his name is a verb. 

(Y/n) shrugged thinking of Bede, he was nothing like Hop or Victor but that was okay. Everyone has their own personalities and she figures it's something she can handle being friends with him. She felt a shaking on her arm turning to Hop who was calling her name, "Did you even hear what I said?"

She quickly apologized shaking her head, she didn't realize she was that deep in her thoughts not being able to hear what Hop said. Hop pouts getting a chuckle out of Victor who was enjoying every second of Hop not getting the usual attention he likes, "It was nothing important (Y/n)"

"Not important?! Yes i--mmfh!!"

"Nothing to worry about"

Victor smiled covering Hop's mouth, it really wasn't anything important. Just Hop spitting out his dislike to the color pink and that she shouldn't be wearing what Bede recommended, but she didn't need to know that. (Y/n) stared at the two before nodding continuing their walk, it wasn't long before they reached a cave that separated the next field to the first gym.