XIV

ʙᴏʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
.
.
.
.
.

Hop stared at his phone waiting for some type of text or call from (Y/n) but received nothing but random texts from family and Challenge updates of who's passed to the next Gym.

Victor sighed seeing Hop glued to his phone paying no mind to where he was walking. At the moment they were passing through the cave to Motostoke, and if Hop was paying attention they would've gotten there a lot sooner.

He groaned finishing a fight against the wild Pokemon now turning to Hop. He glared at him burning holes into the back of his head, "Oi! If you ain't going to help, the least you could've done was go around the cave instead of having me drag you through it!"

He argued, which was rightfully so, it wasn't even that long since they parted with the girl and Hop was overreacting about the situation.

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry... Which section are we in?"

"The fifth"

"... I thought we were in the fifth 10 minutes ago?"

"We were! I've been trying to tell you we've been lost for 10 minutes now!"

Victor shouted towering over Hop anger now fuming from his ears. He huffed trying to calm himself down, he took deep slow breaths pulling out his phone.

He marked down where they were trying to figure out the cave system like a maze. Meanwhile, as he did that Hop finally put his phone down stuffing it in his pocket.

He looked around touching the rough edges of the cave. It was clearly man-made and small spots where crystals once were, were pulled out and laid on large tarps.

Reaching down he grabbed a small crystal turning it left and right, it shined brightly in his hand turning to Victor who was now much calmer than before.

"Think (Y/n) might like this crystal?"

He asked getting his attention, he barely glanced at him shrugging his shoulders.

"Maybe... Alright I got a path, lets go"

Stuffing it in his pocket he trailed after the male crossing his arms behind his head, he hummed acting strangely normal. Victor squinted his eyes at him now being strangely calm after being obsessed with his phone.

He tilted his head back a bit humming, "You seem calm.... finally get a messaged from your girlfriend~"

He lightly joked catching a blush on Hop's face, he dropped his arms pressing his arms to his body. He rejected the thought crossing his arms over his chest, he picked up his pace marching off.

Victor chuckled checking the map, he made sure to tell Hop which direction to go finally catching up with him.

Once he did they began to talk again having a grand old time. It seemed a bit strange really. Yeah they were friends for a good couple of years but even then it felt like they still don't know much about each other.

Until now of course.

Seemed like Victor learned a lot more things about Hop in the span of a 20-minute walk than their years of knowing each other. He stared at the boy beside him giving a laugh at the thought they were finally spending time together, just the two of them.

"Been a while since it's been just the two of us, hasn't it?"

Victor pointed out, that it surely has been a while since he hung out with just Hop. Not that he minds (Y/n)'s company, matter in fact he loves when she's around. She was the awkward bean that listens to all your problems. And somehow knows just what to say to make it better.