Just Smile

After school Justin and I went to "our spot" which is just some patio of an old abandoned mansion near our neighborhood. Justin is obsessed with photography, there won't be a single day where he won't have his camera with him. "Hey, smile" he says pointing the camera at me. "You know I don't like being in pictures" I say blocking the camera with my hand. "Oh come on just smile" he says. "Fine but you owe me one" I say smiling. "Fine, deal" he says as he snaps the picture. "Here, you see?perfect, the camera loves you" he says showing me the picture. I kinda do look good in the picture, which is me sitting on the bench with the sunlight shining on my face. "Wow,that picture is amazing J" I say. "Thanks but I'm not the one in the picture" he says smirking.

"Hey can you believe what happened with Mr. White?" He says. "Its just so tragic, I'm gonna miss him" I say looking down. "Yeah the meteor thing seems a little harsh" he says. "Oh well what can we do right?" I say sitting up. "I gotta get going before my mom freaks, bye" I say while hugging him.

On the way home the streets were so quiet, as if the world itself was grieving Mr. White's death. When I got home mom was cooking some-THING on the stove. "Hey mom" I say. "The principal called, something about having detention until Tuesday" she says in a tone so serious that even I have never heard before. "Yeah, umm I accidentally fell asleep in class again, no biggie" I say. "No biggie?! Claire you got a weeks worth of detention!" She says furiously. "Go to your room, NOW" she says pointing upstairs. I'm smart enough to know that I shouldn't say another word, so I head upstairs and close the bedroom door.