Thank you! + Announcement

I'd love to end this book with a neat little bow, and a nice little ending, but that was never my intention. Sorry to ruin your feels at that ending with an author's note. 

I really just wanted to say thank you— all of you, for being there and supporting my work. If it wasn't for you, I would never have written past chapter one of Gold. It's thanks to your constant support (and reminders to update) that I was able to push through, and write the longest continual piece I've ever written.

JESSE started as 12-year old me wanting to share her passion for McCree and writing with the world. The book wasn't going to be an X-Reader at first. I wanted to write it in the first person, from the perspective of my Overwatch OC, Rosanna Carter, who would use her cybernetic legs to go real fast. Her codename was Blink. 

Her brother, Joseph, was called Gear Shift. He was a Torb rip-off, just as Blink was a Tracer rip-off. Eventually, I was dissuaded from using these OCs (as the glaring issues with them were pointed out), but I still wanted to write JESSE for Ro. 

Then, after being on Wattpad and reading a few fics, I saw that X-Readers did particularly well. So, I decided to try my hand at writing something that I had just months before declared "stupid," and "the worst." 

And I'm really glad I did. 

JESSE far surpasses GOLD in views and interaction, which makes me a bit upset due to how not-great JESSE is. I digress, I'm incredibly thankful for all of you who stuck through this ride— wether you're someone who binged the series in two days, blowing up my phone with notifications as you voted for part after part (you know who you are), or those who've been here for a while, like Reign71 and Faceless_Ace, whose comments genuinely made my day each time I received them.

This has been a period of immense growth for me. I'm shipping off for University in the fall. The current plan is to become an English Professor. That means a lot of school, and lot of reading, and a lot of writing. 

I'm not sure how much longer my Wattpad career will realistically last. I can only hope that the few things I've put out on this platform can genuinely inspire and bring joy to people (even if I'm a sucker for angst and my endings are sad).

This has been the plan since 2017. Yes, that is correct— I've been planning your fictional death for four years! (That sounded far more threatening than I intended).

So really, what I've been trying to say this whole time is thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This process has helped me to grow in so many ways. I might not like my writing from JESSE, but I remember so distinctly loving writing every second of it. I can say the same for GOLD. 

To me, you were never a chore. 

I did this thanks to all of you.

I hope to see you around. You're all beautiful humans. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors. 

Much love, 

Ginger <3

~~~~~

Oh, yeah. The announcement. 

I've begun writing a companion book to the duology that I'm taking requests for :)

Go check it out if you feel like it!