Chapter Ocho

I woke up with a headache. What the hell happened? I tried to sit up but Gena laid on my chest.

"Go back to sleep," she whined.

"Okay," I whispered quietly, but didn't go back to sleep. I just rested there, listening to her calm breath. I checked my phone and saw that it was three pm. I had to go get Zoom. I carefully moved Gena and got up. I put decent clothes on and headed to the car, ignoring my headache.

"Hey Mrs. Sandra," I said after knocking on the door.

"Hello, come in!" she said she looked behind me and frowned, "where's your sister?"

"She's asleep, she's pretty tired," I said and she nodded. Zoom was in the backyard playing hoop with andra... and her brother?

"I think Zoom has a little crush on Andra, her, him and her older brother are super close," she said smiling.

"How old is her brother?" I asked.

"Oh he's 11, the grade above them," she said and I nodded. I looked at him, then he looked at me with a face of guilt.

"Hey big bro," he said and hugged me.

"Hey little man, ready to come home?" I said and he nodded and went to get his stuff. Andra's big brother looked at me and smiled.

"Hey you're Isaiah right? Zoom's big brother?" he asked.

"Uh yeah and you're Andra's big bro correct?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.

"My name's Baelfire. It's nice to meet you, he really looks up to you," he said and winked and then Zoom snatched my arm and walked fast.

"Bye," he yelled before we reached the door. He got in the backseat and closed the door.

"So...?" I asked. I looked at him through the mirror. He looked down.

"I lied," he whispered.

"What do you mean," I asked. His face was wet with tears when he looked up.

"Drive," he said and I did.

"I lied when I said that I wanted to hang out with Andra. I didn't but after this weekend I learned she was cool. In all honesty I wanted to hang out with bae," he said.

"I could figure out that much but why are you crying love?" I asked. I wanna say I know why.

"Because I wanted you guys to think I'm interested in girls...," his voice drifted off.

"I never thought you were interested in girls but okay, why hide it though? We're both gay," I said. He started to cry more. I reached my right hand back and he held it.

"Because I was scared that something like you would happen to me, I don't want mom and dad to hate me, I don't want kids at school to call me names. I- im scared," he said the last part in a whisper and I felt my own tears threatening to spill out.

"Zoom listen, people who hate you because of who you love are idiots and are ignorant. And most of them use religion as a reason to have these beliefs but don't let that trick you because if they love you enough to go against the shit they were taught then they are really worth your time, trust me," I said and he smiled. I liked his happiness, it made me happy.

"Thank you Isaiah, I love you," he said and I let my tears fall.

"I love you too," I said. But I still had one more question.

"Why did that little boy look a lot like me?" I asked and he looked embarrassed.

"W-well I um kinda have- HAD a crush on you... but then I found a younger version of you so I'm dating him now whoo,"he said and I laughed. He was cute.