Part Nine - Pancakes

Andie softly wandered the floors of the top of the Avenger's tower, trying to hunt down where the kitchen was

Andie softly wandered the floors of the top of the Avenger's tower, trying to hunt down where the kitchen was. This half of the building was unfamiliar to her, only knowing where Tony's office was because that's all she needed to know. She stumbled upon what looked like a training gym and saw a very sweaty Steve tightening grips on his hands as he noticed her in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I'm looking for the kitchen." She winced slightly in embarrassment, gripping the sides of the doorway.

Steve smiled slightly, seeing her long legs lead up to her just wearing an oversized sweater he immediately recognised as something Bucky would wear. He wandered towards her and extended his wrapped up hand to her,

"Steve Rogers." He introduced himself.

"Andie." She slid her hand into his large one. Did everyone around here have big hands? "It's nice to meet you properly." She referred to the mess of last night.

"I'm just glad you seem a bit better."

Her teeth sunk into her lip as she recalled the complexity of things and why she was feeling much better, "So... the kitchen?" 

"Oh, yeah, I'll show you." He indicated for her to lead the way and she turned on her heel and he walked alongside her. "Do you know what your plan is?"

Andie sighed, "I'm kinda just hoping he has enough sense to get his stuff and leave, but he has no money or anything so I'm not sure where he would go." She brushed her arm nervously,

"Well there's no rush, I know Tony is more than happy to have you here and we more than don't mind." He reassured her, smiling down as they turned the corner to the doorway of the kitchen. Steve's hand went to her mid back as he guided her into the room where Bucky was stood, plating pancakes and bacon.

Bucky noticed the arrival and his eyes went to the pair, immediately having his eyes piercing at Steve's hand on her back. His gaze darted from Steve to the physical touch and Steve seemed to get the message and returned his hand back to his side.

"You made pancakes!?" Andie exclaimed, wandering over to the bench and sitting on the chair behind a plate stacked high.

"I would've brought them to you." He dumped the saucepan back onto the stove.

"It was nice to meet you properly, Andie." Steve nodded and she fluttered her fingers in a wave goodbye as he left.

Bucky came round and took a seat beside her as she tried to make conversation, avoiding wanting to talk about their kiss earlier, "Steve seems nice."

He stabbed the plate of pancakes below him, slightly harsher than he expected, "Hmmm."

"Are you close?" She asked.

"You could say that, yeah. He's helped me out a lot over the years." He explained with little detail and Andie just nodded, not wanting to press further as they ate.