Part Ten - Work

Andie had taken a couple of days off work, as ordered by Tony, but she still managed to get some files and do some paperwork and coffee runs on the down low

Andie had taken a couple of days off work, as ordered by Tony, but she still managed to get some files and do some paperwork and coffee runs on the down low. People from the office had, of course, been whispering as to why she hadn't been around. Rumours of firing or the fact she had just stopped turning up had circled around, it was almost like it's own mini high school at the Avengers tower offices.

She had also met the rest of the Avengers after they had returned from their missions, they were all very welcoming to her and were confused as to why Tony hadn't introduced them before, which had sparked the current conversation.

"No, Tony. I mean, I'm flattered, but I don't want special treatment." Andie insisted as they stood in his office.

"It's not special treatment Andie, it's convenience. Having your own office up here would mean you don't have to go up and down in the elevator every day, saving time. It also means I can keep an eye on you." He persisted.

"I don't need you to keep an eye on me Tony, I'm plenty capable." This was what Andie had worried would happen, that everyone would be treading on egg-shells around her, treating her like she was made of glass.

"I don't doubt it Andie, just think about it." He pleaded and she nodded and turned away, but he stopped her in the doorway by speaking up again, "Oh, Andie."

"Hm?"

He looked down to what she was wearing, "It's good to have you back." He smiled. Tony was being sincere, the entire time she'd been working there, he'd never seen her dressed in anything other than pure refinement. So, the past couple of days seeing her slightly relaxed and dishevelled was nice, but unusual.

She looked down at her dress, it was an attempted to come back with a bang, and smiled proudly back at him, rolling her eyes playfully before she returned to her room and into her ensuite to fix herself up with finishing touches before she went down and faced the vultures of the office. 

Andie stared at her reflection of the black, tight-fitting dress and her hair up in a clip with small gold hooped earrings that complimented her tan skin. She applied a final layer of pressed powder onto the area that concealed the remains of her bruise. Lord, the havoc of gossip that would be unleashed if the women of the building caught wind of that. Andie then felt a large hand slither it's way onto the small of her back and the presence of a body behind her and when she looked up from the sink and saw Bucky crowding over her from behind.

"Good morning." She smiled as she stuck bobby pins into her bun.

"You look incredible." He whispered softly from behind her, it was a stark transition from her lazy clothes she had been in prior and she blamed all the compliments on that. Even so, she smiled at it, "Are you excited to go back?" Bucky knew how much Andie felt the need to work and really hated that Tony was forcing her to relax even for the 3 days she had taken off.