-chapter seven-

As I loaded my school bag for school that day I wondered what day that the concert me and Rodrick agreed upon was going to happen

As I loaded my school bag for school that day I wondered what day that the concert me and Rodrick agreed upon was going to happen. I still had lots of fun babysitting but it was short notice and I don't do those things just from persuasion and guilt. It's crazy how much I cared about people's feelings and what they say to me. I deeply wish I had that I don't care persona and just be carefree at life. I swung my backpack around my bare shoulder and headed downstairs. I was dressing warm for the weather and it felt uncomfortable for me to feel so exposed. I felt too vulnerable in shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my keys off the counter and a banana. My keys jingled as I opened my maroon red door and felt the instant heat surrounding around me. I fanned myself with my hand as I quickly rushed to the car. I wanted to be early to school because I was eager to finish my essay before English class that day. I was so tired from last night as I was reading too much and hadn't kept track of the time.
I ate my banana as I turned my blinker on to turn into my beloved boring school. I parked in my assigned spot and soon saw my friends talking to Chase. I started to panic and find a way to get out of meeting him and having small talk. I hate having small talk. Especially with the guy who I lost a friendship with and now have absolutely nothing in common with anymore. I shuffled my hand through my glove compartment and found a hat that my dad gave me from his London trip a month ago. It had the United Kingdom flag and it was a deep navy blue. I opened my car door quietly and ran to the campus with my head down as I looked at my black converse moving quickly. I looked back to see my friend now waving goodbye to each other and going their separate ways. Chase had followed Amber and Jess to go to class while Andrew put his beats in and scrolled on his phone. I wondered if Chase, Amber, and Jess would recognize me from a mile away or be to absorbed in their conversation that they wouldn't even glance in my direction.
As I turned back around I collided with a hard surface that made a grunting noise. I had looked up to see Rodrick crossing his arms and looking up at me with one eyebrow raised. "Rodrick! Hi." I breathed as I looked around again to see where Chase had gone. He didn't seem to be in my peripheral vision. I sighed in relief but then had forgotten a certain 5'10 boy was standing next to me looking at my every move, still confused as to why I had bumped into him. "Oh sorry I forgot that you were still standing here." I retorted, rolling my eyes. "Ha ha, you're so clever." He mumbled playfully hitting me on the arm. I slightly blushed at the physical contact but blamed it on the heat. There was no way I was developing a likeness to this unbelievably annoying dork. Before he could even think of something nasty to say I completely ignored that his mouth was open, ready to speak, and just walked away.
I had to do my essay because English was my first class of the day and I needed to write a couple more sentences before I headed down the hall to room D2. I put on my earbuds and played my favorite playlist that I listen to, to get motivated to do important tasks. As a song by the 1995 played I remembered that I needed to bug Rodrick about his social life on the day of the concert. When the concert was for that matter, I had no clue. He reluctantly agreed in the first place after all and still had not spoken a word about our previous agreement. I wrote my thoughts about this matter on my hand with the black pen I was recently twiddling around with in my fingers. As the sound of the lunch bell ringed in my ears, I quickly got up and packed my books in my bag. I paced out of the room and tried to find a certain jet black haired boy among the wide crowd. I had sped up more quickly until I felt eyes on me. I turned around only to see Stephen leaned up against the white lockers with a smug look on his face as the corners of my lips turned upwards.
"If it isn't Macy the badass." He said as I laughed at his bad attempt of flirting. "If it isn't the guy who is staring at my butt as I wander the halls." I teased as I saw his face flush into a deep shade of pink. "What, no, I wasn't..," He started, trying to defend his honor. "Don't worry hot-shot. You're a hormonal teenager. You're bound to stare at someone's ass once in a while." I stated. "No, you got it wrong. I really wasn't stare at your butt I promise." He said really trying to persuade his side. "Don't worry Stephen, I'm just giving you a hard time." I bossed. "Anyways, who are you looking for? You looked around frantically like you needed to find someone. Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked as he wanted to know a lot about my personal life I guess. "No, definitely not a boyfriend because I do not have one," I saw his face slightly light up at my answer. "And I was just looking for Rodrick Heffley." He winced at that name. "I haven't seen him no, but I'd be careful around him." He implied as he straightened up from the locker he was leaning on. "And why is that?" I asked him as I frowned. Why did he care?
"He just got dentition from Mr. Hare for yelling cursed words and punched a kid square in the jaw." Stephen said as he looked at his shoes. "That's it?" I answered, ignoring his judging looks. "Um yeah, why? Are you not surprised at all? Has he hurt you?" He quickly asked, looking at me with a concerned look filling his eyes. "Stop asking so many questions, I'm fine and he doesn't exactly have the best reputation so yeah, I'm not surprised. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find him." I asserted and walking away leaving him standing there speechless. I knew he cared about me but I really didn't want to socialize that much today, let alone get asked about a thousand questions per second. I saw Rodrick sitting on one of the benches, smoking a cigarette and looking at the cars passing by outside. I walked up behind him and swung my legs around the bench to sit down.
"You know smoking kills right?" I implied as he rolled his eyes. "Hey I have to ask you a question so put down the cancer stick down for a second so I can properly breathe." I criticized as I followed his hands putting the cigarette down, now resting in between his index and his middle finger. "So what do you want to say little miss annoying?" He asked, sighing at me. He seemed more depressed than usual and he always looked a little depressed. Maybe that would be a good topic to talk about in our car ride to the concert. "I wanted to know when the concert was? You know, the one we agreed upon some century or two ago." I joked, subtly trying to cheer him up. "Right, well it's actually tomorrow. Yeah, I had forgotten to tell you about that. I see you did too though." He stated as his eyes looked at my written hand. "I guess I don't remember things about you and your silly comments." I retorted, but slightly winced as though I might make him more upset. "Well, I'll pick you up at your house at let's say about 8:30." He demanded, throwing his cigarette on the ground and digging his shoe into the concrete where it was.
He just walked away causally as I thought to myself that I had done the same thing to him this morning. "Wait! How do you know where to pick me up?" I yelled across the campus. "I'll just ask Chase or something I don't know." He yelled back and seemed to walk away quicker. Right Chase. I had forgotten that he was "friends" with him. I wonder how that conversation will go I thought.

I updated for the first time in quite a while guys, my bad. I'm almost out of school though and am very excited. Thank you for waiting patiently and I really hope you enjoy this chapter. It was a little short but the next one will probably be much longer. I'll probably update every month but many less if I'm not too busy. Love you all!
-Immashipyou