-chapter eight-

As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight creeping through the open gap of my blinds, I remembered my peculiar dream of me running through tall, majestic pine trees as the cold breeze swept over me

As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight creeping through the open gap of my blinds, I remembered my peculiar dream of me running through tall, majestic pine trees as the cold breeze swept over me. I had been running for what seemed like a very long time until I tripped on a sudden log and before I could feel the pain of my abrupt fall, I saw through my closed eyes a pair of chocolate brown eyes which seemed to be gazing into my soul like it was almost a comforting look. I had gotten up right after and I could feel my heart pounding and I seemed to be breathless like I had actually experienced the same play-by-play of my recent hallucination.

His touch seem to still feel warm, lingering on the small of my back. Holy hell. I can't imagine him this way, I cannot do that to all my hard work and the fire that still seemed to seep deep in the depths of my hatred for him. But as I imagined this burning fire, it seemed to have bewildered into a small flame of desire and an urge to want to see him. The dream that had now set off fires. I wanted to see him. Why do I want to see the bed head, punk rock obsessed oaf that I just had spent the majority of a few days ago with, begging for an exit so I couldn't smell leather and mint every time I turned a corner.

Before I knew it, I had locked my door and walked to my car with a sense of hope. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way about him and I really wish I could go back in time and had closed my mouth before it magically zipped open and spoke to Rodrick for the first time. My hope had formed its way to cover every last bit of my brain. It tingled and felt like fiction and fairytales. My conscience seemed to reach out and hold my car door closed as I hesitantly paused and stared at myself in the poorly portrayed mirror of my window. My trust for new found hope and comfort had been hushed and locked away as my abondamment and sorrow screamed for mercy. "Just go, you only live once" I thought as I finally pulled the car door open and brushed my hand on the wheel as the other turned the key into the ignition.

Oh god. I'm going to regret this decision. I wish I could stop thinking about that dream. The way he held me like he had been by my side for years. The way his eyebrows furrowed into concern, worried I was hurt. That feeling of someone there for you and the support that hugs you gently, brushing your hair slowly. That's what I craved and my misguided hope lead me to his house. I saw his dirty, best-down fan as I stepped slowly out of my car, looking for a reason to go. To get out and run before I do something that will sink me into an unseen pool of quicksand. I took a deep breath as I shakily raised my hand to the redwood-carved door and knocked twice with efficiency.

Hey guys sorry this is a bit shorter I'm just getting back into writing right now. I promise I'll do longer chapters soon! I just missed writing in this book so much and I always felt so proud of what I had accomplished. I know it's probably been a year since I published anything but I'll start to get back on track and hopefully I can make more stories soon. I just need to be brave and remember that everyone has different passions and this one is mine :) . Writing has always been and always will be one of my favorite things to do. I hope all you guys are doing well and thank you for the love and all the reads. Will update soon!
Love, Immashipyou