-chapter one-

It was a crisp, cold September as I walked to school

It was a crisp, cold September as I walked to school. It had been snowing the night before and I was carefully walking to school because your mom had to go to her early morning shift today and your dad was in London. I had begged to go with your dad, from setting up a PowerPoint to trying to hide in his car on the way to the airport(which I failed to do...twice.) School had been extra stressful as your band had lost its member Chase to your rival school, River High. I wished Chase had stayed, you guys had been best friends since 8th grade. We don't need him any way you thought as you rolled your eyes suddenly mad at him. As you got lost in your thoughts a sudden bump on the sidewalk had decided to make you stumble and fall into the icy ground. As you tried to get up you heard a distant guitar play.

As the sound got closer, you realized a van pull around the block to see the one and only loaded diaper van with Chase in the front and some idiot driver turning the volume up more. They screeched to a stop next to you. "Hey dork, trouble walking to school?", the driver said as he turned the awful music down. "Nope, no problem here, just that you came," I smirked at him. "Haha, you think you're so clever, don't you? Well, you might not think you are once we beat you at the battle of the bands." He said. Wait...they finally set the date? And how did they even know that? Although they had a horrible band, it had gotten better now that Chase joined and helped them.

"You gonna get a crack at me too Chase?" I asked as I had finally gotten up on my feet again. "Oh heyyyy Macy, I didn't know you were here." He stupidly implied as it was obvious that he had seen me. "Oh, you know this girl, Chase?" The driver had said, now interested in what was happening. "Um yeah, I was in their band before I came to River High," Chase said, as he looked away from my pissed face. "HAHA, that must really suck since now we are definitely gonna beat you, clumsy." The driver said. "Welp, audios dorko!" He laughed as he drove away, blasting his what seems to be their music.

Oh boy. You thought as you walked, already 10 minutes late to your first class.

- time skip to lunch -

"You saw Chase?!" Your guitarist and best friend, Amber exclaimed as her fork dropped on the ground. "Yeah, he was with those brainless idiots from River High." You said as you shook your head in disappointment. "You know, I could go and slap him in the face if you want me too," Amber said. Amber and Chase were cousins, they are still really close. "No, I don't want to start anything but thanks A." You said, a little hurt that Chase was on their side now.

"Hey dudettes, we are still on for the sleepover tonight?" Your lead singer, Jess said as he and your new pianist, Andrew sat down at your table. "Yep!" Amber said to Jess as she awkwardly looked away and blushed. She has had a thing for Jess since freshman year and he still didn't have any clue that she liked him AT ALL. "Yeah, I'll have to check with my mom but she won't be home till 8:00 tonight." You said. "What about you, Andrew?" Amber said as we all looked at Andrew. "I'm in!" He said.

Andrew seemed to like all this new stuff as he just got kicked out of the popular group. Of course, he said it wasn't a big deal, I think he is still hurt over the fact that he was no longer a part of the stupid group. The "popular" group was super annoying and always was in other people's business about their life. "Macy," Jess said, "Wanna wall to Chem with me?" I could see that Amber looked a little disappointed so I said "I need to get something from my locker but Amber can." "Alright," Jess said as he and Amber got up. Amber mouthed thank you before they left. I smiled as I walked to my locker to get my Chemistry book.

Before I entered the class I saw a poster on the bulletin board in the hall that said Battle Of The Bands! On May 19th!! Make sure to sign up if you want your band to win! I grabbed one of the papers in the box next to the board and went into class. I hope we can finally beat River High I thought as I walked to Amber and Jess. "Guys! We need to enter before it's too late!" I said. "Aw, sweet!" Jess said as he took the paper from my hands. "We can practice tonight." He said. "For sure!" I said as Amber high-fived me. We can do this, we will do beat them. I thought as I sat down with a new plan in mind. This is sure to be a long year...

Thank you so much for reading my story guys!!! I put off writing a new book for so long but I'm excited to share with you a new story and I hope you enjoy it<3 I'll try and update as much as I can.

-immashipyou