~Chapter 6~

Running. That was all I could register as I found myself running through the streets. Out of breath. I could hear my constant panting and felt the ache in my legs as I willed them to go on. 

“You can’t escape me!” he yelled in the thick Italian accent I’ve grown to hate

I had to. I had to get away from him, go somewhere anywhere as long as I was away from him and his grabby hands. All of a sudden I felt myself being pulled back and let out a small squeal.

“I told you you couldn’t run” he sneered an evil smirk on his face.

I tried to get out of his grasp but felt someone else behind me put their familiar hands on my throat. With me in place and no way to escape I felt his cold hands go up my shirt and down my pants as a tear slid down my chee 

“You’re so beautiful, see how easy it’ll when you become mine?” he spoke

I felt the air slowly release from my lungs as the person behind me started to shake me. With little life in me I croaked out what I believed to be my last words.

“I’ll never be yours...”

Still the shaking went on but this time it was followed by someone screaming my name

“MAYRA! MAYRA! MAYRA!” I heard beside me

Opening my eyes I lifted my hands to my throat and felt no hands there. With a shaky sigh I looked to my left where Alansa stood looking scared and a tall man with white hair in a tuxedo had his hands on my shoulders.

“Sweetheart, you scared me! Are you alright?” she asked

Suddenly I felt bad, I probably gave her a heart attack with all my screaming.

“I-I’m sorry I really didn’t mean to scare you, It was just a nightmare.” I stammered with my head down while getting out of the limo with my suitcase.

“It’s all right, really I just thought something had happened to you.”

With a stiff nod I lifted my head and dropped my suitcase in awe as I took in the giant house ahead of me.

The mansion had a white house look to it with four floors, two driveways (that led to what I assumed to be the garage), at least five balconies, and a backyard pool. Walking towards the front door I felt warm arms engulf me in a hug. Pulling away I felt a smile rip through my face at the face of Alansa’s husband Diego. He always was a father figure to me and hadn’t changed that much from the last time I saw him, except now he had a few gray hairs popping out 

“Mayra,” he said looking at me “you’ve become such a beautiful woman. Look at you!”

“Thank you Diego.” I responded back politely

“Oh please Mayra, you’re family now, call me tio”

With a small nod I let him guide me into the house that was just as gorgeous on the inside as it was on the outside.

       ********************

Two hours. That was how long it took us to tour the whole house, and we haven’t even gotten to my room. From what I’ve seen they have a game room, a workout room, a typical living room, a huge kitchen, a band room, a ginormous dining room, eight bathrooms, ten bedrooms, a movie room, a lounge room and tons of other places with purposes I couldn’t have even imagined in my wildest dreams.