Chapter 7: The Next Few Months

Soooo, Mina didn't talk to Y/n. It's been 2 months since she found out (Boyfriend's Name) cheated, but she's progressively gotten worse. Her attention in class has been close to nothing , and she stays in her room for the rest of the day

Y/n was really worried about her, but wanted to give her space. The 1A girls had tried to help, but when they talked to her, they seemed a bit irritated. They weren't of course, they were just a bit tired of Mina not listening to them.

The class has been telling Mina she needed to let go, plain and simple, just forget about him and move on. But is it really all that simple?

Mina couldn't forget all the memories they had. But she also couldn't forget what he did.

She hadn't even broken up with him yet. They still had each other's numbers, and he constantly texted her, it was a lot of 'I'm sorry's 'come home's and 'give me another chance's. Mina ignored most of these, but they slowly became less sincere. His requests for forgiveness, became more demanding. And he had started telling Mina that she's 'worthless' and 'stupid' for thinking about breaking up with him.

"That bastard's still got Pinky's ass in check." Bakugou said at lunch as the squad watched her leave for a phone call.

Y/n had constantly told Mina that she never cheated on him, but she never seemed

like she really believed her. Was she ignoring her? Y/n didn't know anymore.. she missed her best friend, but honestly had no idea what to do.

"Why the fuck does he still have her hand?.." Y/n mumbled staring off at the hallway Mina walked to, causing the squad to look at her.

They looked at each other, slightly worried at how Y/n had been lately. By that i mean she's been more like Bakugou. No offense!! But she hasn't been teasing or flirting with anyone. And i do mean anyone. The squad even gave her opportunities to see if she was ok, but she would just half heartedly laugh at them.

Everyone was in deep thought about what to do, even Bakugou was a little worried. Mina soon walked back to their table, but Y/n grabbed her hand and half-dragged her down the hallway.

"Y/n?" Mina asked in confusion, "what is it?"

"Girl!! You could do SOO much better!!" Y/n whisper-yelled in her face.

"H-Huh?" She stuttered.

"I know you were talking to your ex" y/n stated, trying to cover her anger.

"Uhm.." Mina paused, "actually.. we never broke up?.." the pink girl said with uncertainty.

"What?" Y/n asked in disbelief, she had heard her friend perfectly clear, but.. she didn't want to believe it.

She didn't end it?! How could she not!?

"U-uhm.. i didn't end things with him.." she repeated, looking down at her feet while fidgeting with her dark teal skirt.

"..why?" Y/n questioned, utterly confused. She didn't want to make her friend even more upset, but she wasn't sure what other reaction to give her.

"I-" Mina's eyes watered, but she continued to stare at her feet, "i don't know.. I'm just.. scared? Maybe I should give him another chance.. i mean I'm trying to be a hero, right?"

"Is that what he's been saying to you?" Y/n asked her pink friend, but she didn't respond. "Hey.." Y/n lifted Mina's chin, she knew how cliche they probably looked, but she couldn't care less. Mina started crying and hugged her waist, hiding her face in Y/n's neck.

"I'm sorry!" Mina cried, her voice muffled by her sobs and Y/n's hair, "i was- *hiccup* going to *hiccup* talk to you! To- *hiccup* To tell you everything *hiccup* but i-"

Y/n hushed Mina, "shh.. its ok.. let it out" she tried to comfort the girl in her arms. She had honestly dreamed of this, not Mina's boyfriend cheating on her, making her cry into Y/n's arms, but them having a moment like this. Where Mina would let her walls down with only her.

"Listen, you know you have to break up with him right?" Y/n asked as Mina's sobs quieted.

"Mhm.." Mina hummed while nodding slightly.

"And, if you ever need someone to beat him up, call me" she laughs even though she was completely serious.

"Hahah.. sure" Mina grins at her slightly aggressive friend.