Backstory

I was a happy five year old girl, I didn't see it coming. I remember I had parents, and a brother. They just all washed away, like drawings in the sand. My father, with a serious gambling problem, left my family in a heartbeat. He took all our money and left my mother to care for us. Soon after, my mother eventually lost it and slit her own throat. My mother commited suicide and left us. She left me and my brother to care for ourselves. The news eventually broke out, all over the headlines. Normally, me and my brother would be put in the hands of a relative. Sadly, there was no other relative on either sides of the family. My older brother and I were put into an orphanage. Days and eventually months passed, my brother got accepted into a wonderful home. I was left alone again, with no one. People visit the orphanage, hoping to have a new addition to the family. Not one person, has looked at me twice. They would pass by me, not giving me a second look. Eventually, I was adopted. I was dreaming of the woman to be sweet and kind. She would have beautiful brown hair that flowed with the wind. The woman that accepted me, she was tall and lanky. Her hair was black and flat. Her expression never changed as she brought me home. She had a cruel, evil expression. The car parked into a vacant lot. This house was huge, it seemed as big as a ten foot story building. I stood in awe as my new guardian struts up the steps to the mansion. The huge door was open by a man, known as the butler. 

"Welcome home Ms.Daniels", he says

I struggle as I lift my suitcase up the stairs that lead to the house. Once I get up to the main door, the butler looks at me with a kind smile. Once I step into the house, Ms.Daniels looks at me from head to toe. She motions the butler to bring my suitcase somewhere. Her voice was high and irritating. "You.", she motions towards me. "You wil sleep on the lowest floor. You are to eat whenever you are told to. You are to work for me, I am not your mother. I will provide food and shelter for you, but you have to work for it. Got it?", she says. "Mother! Krystal is using my stuff!", cries a whiny voice.  Ms.Daniels says, "Krystal and Elise, come down to meet your new sister!" 

The sound of high heels clack on the wood floor. "Hi, my name is Krystal and this is my sister Elise.", says Krystal "If you ever need chores done, go to Scarlett. She is your maid, not your bestfriend", Ms.Daniels says 

These past weeks, I learned that Krystal and Elise are singers, not good ones. They sing, not very good. They have been going to shows such as X Factor, The Voice, and American Idol. They bribe the judges to let them through, but their voices are ear piercing. Their mother, Ms.Daniels also have a job in the show business. Ms.Daniels performs in musicals and is a singer. Like her daughters, she is a nightmare. At her age, she should stick to knitting and sleeping.

Did I seriously just become a maid for these snobby people?