Chapter Thirty Eight

I gasped at the sight my eyes were looking at. Louis' face was completely swollen. The sight made me flinch, almost feeling his pain. He tilted his head slightly. I knew that was the farthest he could pull his head up. I could almost feel his pain. I stood in front of him, frozen. No words came out my mouth. His eyes were soft, gentle looking. I entered the apartment, closing the door behind me. I then saw that his body was also weak and sore. I wondered what could have caused the pain he was in.

"Who did this to you?", I ask

"No one.", he says

"I know someone did this to you, tell me. Who was it?", I urge

"Carson.", he mutters out

My eyes widen at his answer. I couldn't believe my own brother would do this to Louis. The wounds on Louis' face and neck, brings back memories of how my mother died. She was beaten and eventually slit her own throat. My mind jogs back the memory, My mind raced, there was no stopping it. I couldn't control my thoughts, my nightmares came back. I seemed to have lost my vision, everything was a blur. I suddenly come back, my eyes flew open. I was standing in the middle of the room, facing to the now terrified Louis. I had an anxiety attack, I couldn't control it. His worried expression made me cautious. He sprung up from his seat, his arms and legs sore. I could tell he cringed from the pain but he tended to me.

"Are you okay?", he asks, pulling my body towards his

I was shaking uncontrollably. Tears were rolling down my face. Why couldn't I escape from the past? Why was I always stuck with the horrible nightmare? We stood in the middle of the room in each other's arms. I didn't dare budge. I felt Louis' heart beat. His heart was unsteady, it was fast and kept getting faster. I felt his strong arms wrapped around me. I felt safe with him, yet I was so afraid of him. I was afraid of everyone. I couldn't trust anyone. I thought I could have trusted my own brother. I was wrong. He ended up hurting me, not directly. My mind kept racing, it wouldn't slow down. I felt light headed, short of breath. I started falling backward but Louis' arms prevented that. He noticed the weakness of my knees. He released from his strong grip. He wrapped his arm around my waist, watching me cautiously. He led me into his bedroom, laying me on his bed. I couldn't mutter any words out. I was speechless, my throat was bone dry.

Louis laid me down, then released his grip of my arm. I held onto his arm, not letting him go. He stared into my eyes, searching for an answer. I pulled him towards me again. I wanted him with me, I didn't want him to leave. He understood my desires, by looking into my eyes. He laid beside me, pulling me into him again. My face buried into his chest, his warmth flooding throughout my body. I looked at his arms, they were covered with bruises and cuts. I brush my fingers over the bruises, the bruises my own brother created. I lightly kissed each bruise, wanting to heal them instantly. Louis didn't deserve this pain, he didn't do anything. I fell asleep into his arms. I was utterly confused. Why was here with him? Why was I so safe with him? 

I woke up with an empty space next to me. I opened my eyes, analyzing where I was. I remembered that I spent the night at Louis' apartment. I immediately wondered where Louis was. I come to realization that Carson doesn't know where I am. What if Carson tracked me down here? Where was Louis? Thoughts ran around in my head. I jump out of bed, searching the apartment. I checked the bathroom and kitchen. Empty. My mind raced, I didn't know where Louis' was. I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. My immediate thought was to look in the parking lot. I remembered Louis' car, and it was there, parked in the spot. My mind panicked, that meant Louis left on foot. I broke down, tears rolled down my face. The cold air stung against my skin.