chapter 5

I was too nervous to reply. This was a completely unexpected message.

'Hello. Is this Stella?'

I somehow took the courage to reply.
I don't know why this Daniel makes me nervous

'Yes.'  I replied.

'Pretty busy with you boyfriend right?' he texted back.

Seriously this guy doesn't know to mind his own business. Such a jerk.

'I am sorry. Please don't misunderstand. We are just best friends.' I replied as I didn't want to create any trouble for my best friend again.

I never got a message even after ten minutes, so decided to take a deep slumber.

The sun peeping out of the window was giving a beautiful radiance to my room.

"Stella if you don't open your eyes or the door, you will be kicked by the very same leg like the other times." My sister's voice was heard through the door.

Well, she was literally screaming to wake me up.

" Stella you have classes to attend so that you get a god damn certificate and a job to live onto," Jessi shouted again.

"I am coming sis, just give me a minute." I hurriedly woke up and got ready for my college. That's when I heard a loud thud.

"Hahaha" my sister laughed so loud because I landed near her foot after tripping down the stairs.

"Oucchh. That hurt really bad sis. STOP LAUGHING AND HELP ME OUT." I yelled at her.

"Okey women calm down. Should have been more careful, college isn't running anywhere," she said laughing and helping me up at the same time.

"Hell with your world, I'm late. Mom I need to get going, bye. Love you." I said hurriedly taking out the sandwich with me heading to my, oh no, that's when I realized that I don't have a ride today. I started walking down the road to the bus stop. It wasn't a long walk though. That's when I saw a car coming to me. It seemed unfamiliar.

The black car stopped just in front of me and I saw someone getting out of the driver's seat.

"The hell Jake, why do you scare me as your life depends on it. Why did you change your car, damn it." I scowled at Jake who had a huge smirk on his face.

" I bet it does steel. And yes this isn't my car, my jeep needed some warm-up. Dad has few of them, so I got one." He said with that innocent eyes looking at mine.
If it wasn't for him to be my best friend, I would think he is just flirting with me.

"You and your names Jake. Find better ones. Steel doesn't suit a girl." I stated.

"Shall we?" Jake asked opening the passenger door, ignoring my remark.

"Thank you. I'm late though." I said with a sigh of relief as I can trust Jake dropping me on time.

I reached on time as promised and headed to my class without wasting a single minute. Jake definitely wouldn't mind the formality.

"After two hours I finally get to see Mrs Emma d'cruz," I said in a sarcastic tone to Emma who was walking towards me.

" Good joke Stella. Yesterday's was hectic, I couldn't sleep, then I missed my first class and top of that Miss Granger had to grind me for not completing my assignment." Emma was dramatic and I sighed looking at her sleepy eyes.

"Don't you think you should spit it out, to my information we weren't too late to reach home that you would miss your beauty sleep?" I raised an eyebrow and glared at her for an answer.