Come On Over

The holidays are right around the corner.  Great…more fun filled evenings with people asking, “So Jenny, are you dating anyone special?”  No you idiots.  When was the last time someone asked, “Have you been out dancing lately?  How are your workouts going?”  Those are questions I can, and wouldn’t mind answering.   But instead I have to think of a witty comment to put the already married crowd in their place.  How should I answer?  “No, not dating anyone special.  Just spending time as some guys booty call.  He doesn’t take me to dinner and we don’t know each others friends, it’s been fun!”  That would shut them up.  I need to get out and try to get over Mack.  I need to date.  Besides, I would like to have a date for the holiday party, or someone to buy a gift for, possibly even a man to kiss at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve.  Shoot, I have a lot of goals.  I better get started!

It’s my own fault I’m still single, I really don’t put myself out there.  It’s time for me to look outside of the box.  Yes, because being in a box is my problem, right?  A lot of people I know have tried match.com.  I guess it’s worth a shot.  What do I have to lose?  $30?  A bit costly but maybe it will end up being worth it!

Okay I’ll give it a shot.  About me…well this should be easy.  I’ll just get straight to the point.

You cannot be intimidated by my hair; it truly reflects the person I am, bouncy, full of life and HAPPY!!! I'm energetic (aka hyper) and outgoing, willing to take on nearly any challenge or endeavor. Working out is a passion, I thrive on pushing myself to the limit every time. Kickboxing, spinning, running, any of it is greatly enjoyed. One thing people often notice about me is I like to make the most of any situation with a smile on my face. I love to travel, putting myself outside of the ever easy US lifestyle. Fortunately, at this time of my life, my work allows me to travel Central America and the Caribbean every 6-8 weeks. Not only can I say I love the travel, I can also say I love my job! My family and friends are extremely important as are the family and friends of the person I spend time with. I'm at a place in my life right now where I am happy -- I'm successful in life and find light in the obstacles the past has presented me...I'd just like to find someone to share my past and future experiences with.

Okay, now about the guy I would date.  Well breathing for one.  Not currently involved with someone for another.  How about willing to buy me dinner?  A girls got to eat, right?  Well honest answers aren’t going to get me anywhere.  I better try to lighten up.   

The man I date should be confident in whom he is and the lifestyle he chooses to live. Someone outgoing, not afraid to laugh at the silly things in life, or himself for that matter. He needs to be easy going and spontaneous. A good understanding of his family and their values is important. A passion for sports is nearly a must, especially basketball and football.  I'm in search of someone real, no gimmicks or games, just true value. With each of us having an open mind and an open soul, hoping to further explore life together.

There that was pretty easy.  I think that I explained exactly who I am and I tried my best to define what it is I am looking for, without sounding jaded.  Alright boys, start sending your responses.  Anytime now, I’m waiting!

It’s been two days but I finally get my first potential interest.  It’s about time someone has actually written.  Checking out Herb’s profile I can see that he is artsy, good looking, has his own place…so far pretty well on paper.  He owns his own yacht, which he sent a picture of, asking if I wanted to be his date on it for an upcoming Christmas party.  Whoa, kind of forward but heck ya I’ll go his yacht for a party!  Or wait, am I supposed to tell him I have many dates lined up and will see if I can work him into my schedule.  Oh hell, I’ll go with the first.  It’s not as if anyone else has even written.  Herb seems very persistent on meeting me as soon as possible.  It seems odd but maybe that’s how people are in the online dating world.  I guess they have given up, much like me, on meeting someone so they are bound to get straight to the point.  Since I’m leaving town for Christmas we agree to meet just after the holiday.