Ch.2: Feels Weird.

SIX MONTHS AGO...

despair by leo

despair by leo.

Listen— Ian? I don't like the idiot

I don't like him now, I didn't like him before, and I won't like him anytime soon.

Why? He's annoying, that's why. You can't trust someone that's so... happy, I guess, all the time. That's not real. That doesn't happen. Nobody is just fine, all day, every day. Nobody is actually okay with themselves, right? No. They're just better at hiding it. So he's good, too good, and I don't like that.

I don't get it, either— I told him to leave me alone. Once, twice, three times and every other day.

"Well, there's no more room, so I guess we're stuck together for now."

Sure, but that doesn't mean that we have to talk about anything else— we don't have anything in common anymore. I don't like the shitty shows he rambles about all day. I don't like the stupid music that makes him smile like a moron. And I don't like him.

Okay, so it's kind of odd when he's not here, but that's normal. It's not like he doesn't come to school every now and then, it's natural to be kinda worried.

Like, hey— are you dead? No? Cool, then I go on with my day.

"It's been so long since we've talked, um... at all," was the next thing he said. And I don't really remember.

"Wow, you're so good at it," he added, because he's a fuckin' little spy, and looks over at my drawings even though I told him not to. "Did you study art?"

"No," I said.

And who the hell giggles at that?

He just kept trying. "Makes sense! You've always been so talented."

Whatever. Ian probably doesn't know anything about drawing, so everything looks good to him. I'm sure he's grown into one of those people that like everything they see, that have no kind of criteria whatsoever.