Ch.19: Maybe That's Why.

A/N: 

Hello, loves! This chapter is a bit of a rollercoaster. As always, make sure you switch songs as indicated. 

Enjoy!

It's been a week and it's Friday night again

We all decided to play some online horror games, which we hadn't done in a while. Besides, it's easier for Ethan to use a trackpad than a joystick with his arm still healing. So we turned off all lights, hooked a laptop to Jack's TV, and let Ethan play on it while we used the controllers. 

Ian lost a few times, and I almost crack the screen when it was my turn, but then I just backed off. Maybe I'm just not built for these, or maybe we just weren't in the zone this time around. It's still not MK, so I'm not gonna get that mad.

Jack and Ethan got hooked, though. And they're still going when Ian gets up from his spot on the couch, moving over to the one I'm stretched across and bringing his popcorn with him while the guys keep moving around the haunted cabin.

He's watching it all intently like it's his favorite show. And I'm watching him cause... he's kinda mine. 

"Okay, so what now," Jack snaps to Ethan.

"You gotta light it, man."

"I already lit it, bitch." Jack's a great guy, as you've probably figured out by now, but that's until he really gets into a multiplayer game. Then he can get worse than me. Yeah— exactly.

They fall quiet, and we just hear the steps on the squeaky wooden floor for a bit.

"Yo, it's not lit!"

"I lit it!"Jack screams throatily.

"Where?!"

"I don't have the wood, bro! How am I supposed to— okay, I had to... oh, okay."

"See?"

"Shut your mouth, boy." I snicker cause he sounds so much like his dad when he talks like that. "Okay, done."

Ian's laughing too, and lit by the TV his smile is kind of fluorescent.