Ch.21: Now I Do Remember.

Wrong by Depeche Mode.

"Ollie, what happened?! How do I help?!"

"Just... leave, okay? Leave, motherfucker!"

"No!"

"Fucking let go! Please, before I"

"Oliver, listen to me I told you I'm not scared of you, you're not going to hurt me. I know it."

It all happened too fast

You're probably wondering what, how, or why. I still don't know. It was only an hour ago.

Ian's dad came over, and they talked in the living room while I showered. He cried a lot in his arms, and I watched it all from the bathroom door. 

Then he suggested Ian get a shower, and it was us that talked.

"We didn't get a chance the first time," he said, sitting at the table.

"Yeah," I replied awkwardly, doing the same.

He kept staring at me. I didn't know if he was judging me or trying to figure something out until he said: "I'm sorry, you look so much like your father is all." And my throat closed up. "How have you been doing?"

"I'm okay," I murmured, biting my nails. But I wasn't anymore. "...thanks for the other day."

He smiled, and then looked away in almost the exact way Ian does it. "Well, right now the circumstances aren't the best, that much is clear. But... Do you remember when we went on that fishing trip? And rain started just... pouring from the skies, really. Completely out of nowhere, too! So we had to run back to the car. Do you remember that?"