Chapter 41:

Please read the Writer's note before continuing to read this chapter.

RANSOM:

I can't move.

My hands are shaking, but I cannot move my muscles.

This diary entry...wow! Evelyn was upset...very upset...

I was so distracted with reading this diary entry, that my coffee went cold.

Evelyn...she was angry – no! She was livid.

She wrote this diary entry only hours after our breakup.

I couldn't even think straight after she broke up with me!

That's why it took me a whole week to write in my diary again.

Those women I hooked up with were just to fill the void, but it didn't help because I kept thinking about Evelyn.

I couldn't go through with the plan I had. I just couldn't.

During the time when I was bringing the women over, I did ask those women if they could stay with me for the night.

Out of all the women, only one of them agreed, but she ended up leaving during the night. I remember waking up to shoes clanking on the floor...

I honestly thought I would be better off without Evelyn, but after that week...it turned out that I wanted Evelyn by my side. I needed Evelyn to be with me.

I look at the diary entry again to see if I can pinpoint what Evelyn knows already, because she read it in my diary:

1. I didn't sleep with Callie.

2. I found Evelyn alluring at that volleyball game.

3. I changed for Evelyn – and only Evelyn I might add.

4. Evelyn took away my nightmares.

I then pinpoint what I didn't know before I read this diary entry:

1. Evelyn did not sleep with Ian or any other man during and after our breakup.

2. Evelyn took our breakup worse than I thought.

3. Evelyn hated that I wanted to approve the clothing she wore.

4. Evelyn called me possessive because I wanted other men to know she was unavailable.

5. Evelyn told me I acted out because I am insecure.

And worst of all...I am the reason Evelyn was ashamed of her body!

Firstly, Callie needs to be fired. I think it is time I speak to Harlan about hiring someone who isn't a gold digger.

Secondly, those 'love bites' I gave Evelyn were not romantic, according to her.

She hated those love bites so much that she saw them as scars instead of intimacy!

I didn't give love bites to just any women! In fact, I only gave love bites to Evelyn.

It was my way of showing my affection to Evelyn....

But Evelyn saw them as scars...

I liked Evelyn's body so much that I actually hurt her – when I promised I would never hurt her body.