Peculiar Encounters

TW: Nothing (yet) ;)

Bff/n: Your best friend's name

"Come on, y/n! It's one night, then you can go back to studying for your 500 exams."- My best friend whines as she puts some makeup on. I've been in Roma for 2 months already as an exchange student from Spain and I can't deny it's been such an amazing experience so far, however, as a UNI student, I still had to study for many exams.

That's why even though I wanted to go out and party in this beautiful country, I couldn't. Although tonight, my gut was telling me to do it for once, and since I always follow my intuition, that's what I'll do.

"You know what Bff/n? Fine, I'll go. Why not." I said with a convinced attitude. My friend's expression brightened as she jumped into my bed, almost stepping on my computer.

"Yeah, that's the spirit! You'll see how many Italian hotties come crawling behind you."-She said with a sexy smirk, which made us both laugh.

. . .

Loud music was pumping loud, I could feel it in my chest and my head, I had been dancing for a while with Bff/n until I decided to go out for a smoke. I was feeling a little tipsy from the shots we had taken, adding the round that a bunch of handsome guys had paid for us.

Cool air blew my hair as I stepped into a marvelous starry night decored with city lights and background music from the club. There was this air that felt like home, and it was just one of the many things that made me fell in love with Italy.

I take out a pack of cigarettes form my purse, after making sure my matching short dress was fine, surprisingly, no stains could be found. I stared at the cigarette between my fingers, feeling a little guilty, I had romised myself I would quit, but I continued to fail. I bring it to my lips and try to light it up, but the wind and my cheap lighter were making it impossible.

"Ho bisogno di aiuto?"-A low voice startles me at my right, I turn my head and I'm immediately met with the most intense chestnut eyes I have ever seen, it was a tall man, with a raspy voice, a leather jacket and black hair slicked back.

"Perdona, I don't really speak italian."-I say nervously.

"No worries"-He says, taking my cigarette and lighting it in a second bringing his lips together and protecting it from this wind with his hands. I can't resist but stare at the way he is doing it with such ease.

"I'm Damiano."-He says as he hands it to me, I can taste his cologne whentaking a puff.

"Y/n."-I respond.

"Beautiful name for a bella ragazza."-He says, and we both smile.

A/N: Hey everyone! So this is my first imagine that I've ever written and English is not my first language so please don't judge too hard :)

Anyways, thank you for reading and if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments!