Smooth

TW: Nothing, just fluff <3

Y/c: Your country

-ESC 2021, Rotterdam, Last Semifinal-

My hands were so sweaty I could barely hold the microphone properly, my heart was racing and my chest felt so tense. It was about to be my turn to perform the song that is representing y/c this year in Eurovision.

It had been extremely hard getting here and I was so proud of myself for it, I poured my heart into this song and my only hope was for people to love it as much as I do.

"Y/c, it's your turn."- A person from the staff quickly says as they peek their head inside my dressing room.

I get up, check my makeup and outfit one last time, and go. As I enter the common room where all the countries who were already classified in the final hanged out, two guys speaking in Italian catch my attention. One of them has slicked black hair and dark eyeshadow on his eyes, his sharp features are truly captivating. He looks at me briefly and smiles sweetly, it's a very small gesture but, somehow, it gave me the strength and reassurance I needed to perform.

. . .

I can still feel the audience's ovation, even though this year the live audience isn't very big, their cheers fill my soul like if it was a full stadium of people. I go and sit down in the green room, I was the last act so the voting has already begun. After some defining minutes of waiting, I hear the words;

"Y/c officially moves to the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2021!!!"

I jump up and down with tears of joy in my eyes, after hugging and celebrating with my manager, my producer, and my wardrobe team, it's time to go back to the dressing room. The moment the doors open, I'm engulfed in a room full of people dancing, jumping, and celebrating.

"Y/n, you did so great, everyone loved your song!"-The Italian boy from before comes towards me, I was so shocked I didn't even know what to say so I blush, he chuckles lightly as he looks at me.

"I'm Damiano, from Måneskin."-He says giving his hand to shake, I shake it nervously. Was this even real life? How is this Mediterranean god speaking to me?

"I love your song as well, you guys are so talented!"-I respond, he smiles and gives me a little paper, I stare at it confused.

"Open it later, see you bella."-He mutters getting close to my ear so I could hear him. My cheeks instantly start to burn and before I can say anything he goes back to where he was with his band.

After meeting more people from other countries, I go to my dressing room. I sit down on my vanity and stare at myself in the mirror, I take out the paper Damiano gave me earlier and open it. Written with very stylistic letters is a phone number, below it there's a heart and the following message;

-See you in the final, until then, give me a call ;)

D.D.

"Smooth, Damiano. Very smooth."-I whisper to myself as a cheeky smile forms on my lips.

A/N: Hey everyone!!! Long time no see lol. Sorry about that, I've been kind of busy but more regular uploads will be coming soon so don't worry :)

Tysm for this support, it truly means a lot to me. And for the ones wondering, I'm from Spain, so English is really not my first language hahaha. Thank you for all the compliments, they make me feel good about my English writing hehe ;)

For any requests or ideas comment below or DM me! See you soon, y'all <3