Want You Back (Pt.2)

TW: Nothing :)

Play the song above to get into the vibe ;)

Raindrops fall down the car window as it speeds down the highway, leaving behind lonely valleys, unknown towns, and distant lights. A brutal summer storm had decided to make its presence known. The sound of the radio makes me thick-headed. I try to concentrate on the drops falling against the glass, trying to follow each one as it falls down to its inevitable destiny.

I can relate to some of the raindrops, being engulfed by others of their kind.

"You're awfully quiet. Cat's got your tongue?"- His deep raspy voice makes the car window turn blurry. I can't focus on the rain anymore. It's like he takes over all my senses.

"How did you know I was returning today?"- I ask, hesitant to look into his eyes. I slightly turn my vision towards him though, his prominent jawline visible even in the moonlight. His Adam's apple bobs up and down before speaking.

"I didn't. I think we both know exactly why I was there, Y/N."- I can sense a nostalgic smile forming on his lips, as his serene tone fills the car.

Of course, I knew why he was there, but I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to admit it.

"You didn't have to eagerly offer me a ride, though."-I remark with a bit of sassiness, to which he gives a low chuckle. Oh, how I had missed that melodic sound...

The rest of the car trip was pretty quiet, it was a comfortable silence. That comforting atmosphere that only we could create... God, I need to stop with these thoughts.

We finally arrived at my apartment, which I hadn't seen in two years. The skies had cleared by now. He parked, hopped out of the car, and went to the other side to open my door. I blushed as he gave me a hand to help me out and took my suitcase from the trunk. He proceeded to enter the building and begin walking up the stairs, without saying a word. I followed after him shyly. My apartment block didn't have an elevator so he had to carry my heavy luggage through many floors until we arrived at my front door.

"You didn't have to carry my suitcase you know."-I say as I look for my keys in the depths of my purse.

"It's my pleasure."-He responds, leaning against the wall, inches away from me. I fumble with the keys until I manage to unlock and open the door. The sight before us was...pretty depressing to be honest; books, clothes, and food scattered everywhere, in the same position I had left it. Everything remained the same, still, forgotten, dark, cold.

I felt embarrassed, mortified that he could see the miserable state I was at the time represented in my tiny apartment. How could I be so pathetic? However, he didn't mock me with one of his characteristic comments or give me a smug look of superiority.

"You must be very tired from the flight, let me cook you some dinner and we'll take care of this tomorrow, together. All right?"-He casually said as he put my suitcase in the hall and made his way to the cramped kitchen.

After some comforting pasta exceptionally prepared by Damiano David of all people, we sat on the ledge of the window, enjoying the nighttime views. It was peaceful, calm; feelings I hadn't experienced in what seemed like forever. I was still shocked about his reaction earlier, he was extremely understanding and supportive without even having to. It's not like we're back together, and we didn't even end up on the best of terms either...

All my noisy thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a pair of hazel eyes staring right at me.

"Enjoying the view?"-I asked with an amusing tone. He laughed, a light blush appearing on his cheeks for being caught.

"I sure am."-He replied, continuing to devour his dinner as if nothing had happened. After we were finished, he offered to clean the dishes, to which I obviously objected and ended up splitting the work equally. I couldn't take my eyes off his side profile, how his hands carefully dried the plates and placed them on the drying board. God, I'm a mess.

After we were done he slowly went to the living room, checking the views through the window, which were a lot darker since it was very late at night at this point.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go. Don't bother setting an alarm, I'll be in charge of that."-He said with his sassy tone, making me chuckle. I leisurely made my way towards him, preparing myself to say goodbye. Something I hadn't been able to do two years ago.

Once I was inches away from him, I hesitantly looked into his eyes, which were staring right back at me. Silence reigned between us, and tension began building to the point of no return. However, the sudden lightning sounds followed by the crackling raindrops of another summer storm broke the dense atmosphere, quite literally.

"Shit, it's pouring."-I whispered to myself.

"Don't worry about me, I parked next to the building. I'll survive."-He remarked acting as a brave hero. I managed to suppress the urge of erasing that smug smirk I had been trying to forget for... you guessed it: two years.

"I can't let you drive home, it's dangerous!"-I exclaimed.

"What are you suggesting then, Bella?"-He inquired, using that nickname. That damn nickname.

"I guess you'll have to stay for the night..."-I muttered. Damiano suddenly started jumping around like a little kid, thanking the rain. He looked like a maniac, but it was pretty funny.

After a while, we ended up sitting on the window's ledge again, watching the storm which didn't look like it was stopping anytime soon. Damiano pulled out a cigarette and a lighter, signaling if it was ok to smoke inside, to which I nodded. I also pulled out a cigarette, realizing a hadn't smoked since I had arrived in Italy.

"You still smoke?"-He asked as he lit up his and passed the lighter so I could do the same.

"Yeah, it's pretty hard to quit it you know. Besides, it helps when I'm anxious."-He gave me a sympathetic smile, without an ounce of judgment.

And with that, I took a puff, not to calm my nerves, but to celebrate being in peace again.

I was alive again, I was with him again.

-To be Continued-

A/N: Hey everyone!!!

I know, I know. It's been WAY TOO LONG since I uploaded. School has really been kicking me in the butt with time and inspiration. I've been sick for the past few days so that free resting time has given me some motivation and ideas to write again! Hope you like this part and stay tuned for the next one.

Thank you for all the views, comments, votes, and support. I love you all :,)

As always, vote, comment, and suggest whatever you want to see next.

Love you all, see you soon <3