CHAPTER TWO

"You might as well take the weekend to write your assignments. Relate the topic 'Faith' to your life stories, Our lectures today must've taught you how Faith works and I'm sure everyone of you has gone through one thing or the other you can relate the topic to"

Today's been hell of a long day. Not only am I waiting for the class to end, I'm dehydrated too.

"let's continue. Knowing Faith is Complete confidence and trust, keep your stories coming. Yes? You, speak"
Mr Abiodun said pointing to the back.

Everybody's attention turned to the dark boy whose mouth dropped as Mr Abiodun signalled him to stand up.

"Ehm, Sir.." he stammered. Obviously getting nervous at the attention drawn to him.

"Go ahead young man" Mr Abiodun replied the young stammerer

"I don't think --

"You don't think what? You don't think you can relate your life story to this topic?
Two more minutes to do so, or feel free to leave my class" he concluded.

That wasn't fair. If I was in his shoe, I wouldn't be able to say a thing too

"Fine" the young boy blurted and left the class.

I wouldn't blame him, not everyone can comfortably speak in a classroom of about a hundred.

"Kendrick? Okay. Give us what you have" Mr Theo beckoned on the guy who had his hands raised up already.

"I'm living life folks, he started.
I mean, since I can remember I've had high Faith in myself. You know that kind of faith you have in yourself to know no chic wouldn't sleep with you because of your pockets. No one would reject your advances because of the benefits and all. In conclusion, I have faith in myself that I can't be turned down by girl wey wear skirt" he said firmly.

To my amusement the whole class even Mr Theophilus burst Into tremendous laughter. What on Earth was that?

"Funny kid, but let's not forget it's a religious class ha ha ha" he commented

"Anybody else? He asked waving his hands

"Yes sir" another girl said and stood up.

"Go ahead" He replied

"One time when my mother was sick, and diagnosed of Leukemia, I had total faith in God to heal her. I was so sure and had this big time faith in --"
She tried completing her sentence but her voice failed her.

"Sit sit, stop sobbing. What must happen, must happen" he said and continued his teaching without any more contributions and questions.

I sat there till the class was over. I waited for the one's who would trample on snakes and serpent if it meant they would leave the classroom before anyone else. I wasn't in a hurry, maybe dehydrated and hungry.

After a few minutes of waiting, the classroom fell quiet. I picked up the few notes on my desk and arranged them in my small bag.

"Isn't that his? I thought

I mean, the boy who was sent out of Mr Theophilus's class. A note is on the desk and it looks like it'd sleep there for the weekend because that boy, isn't coming back to get this note.

I reached out for the note, and turned the pages. Really nice handwriting, neatly headings and well punctuated.
I should hurry, I might meet him outside.

After searching few classroom blocks, I couldn't set my short sighted eyes on him. Just few students who are in groups around the compound.
One is blushing at the way this other boy is teasing her, and these other boys are discussing about a game. Not sure I heard the name called, but someone is asking when the Ps5 would be ready.
That's a whole lot for people who are just preparing to write Jamb.