CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

CALEB'S POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing on my bed.
I remember falling asleep by 11pm last night while waiting for Roger to return my calls about how the delivery went.

I stretched and picked up the phone, but to my disappointment it was my mom calling and not Roger. 

"Why this woman dey call me na" I said aloud.

It then dawned to me that my father's birthday was yesterday and I had totally forgotten.  Kendrick should've reminded me but since he didn't call me I just guess he forgot too.

"oooh- oooh-oooh So what am I supposed to tell her now" I said and hissed.

I dropped the phone back on the bed and stood up to go wash my face.

I picked up a polo and wore it. I had business to take care of and the last thing I needed now was nags.

Call me back son,  it's important.

Caleb stop ignoring your mother's calls,  I need to talk to you

Son,  I need your help

call me back, else I'd come there

My phone beeped signalling new messages alert.

After reading the numerous texts she sent,  I sat back on the bed and dialed her number.

"Hello"

"Caleb,  why did it take so long to return my calls?

"why are you calling this early?  Don't you sleep atall?

"I need to talk to you Caleb. Come home as soon as possible"

"Mom,  you can just shout at me now.  I'm too busy right now to come home and listen to you scold me for not attending dad's birthday"

"Look,  this is more important than that.  I need to see you, it's not something I can say over the call"

I took a deep breath

"How serious is this mom?

"Very Serious Caleb"

"Is my dad dead or something?

"Godforbid!!  Caleb, Come home"

"I'll be there in the evening,  it's Sunday morning and I have alot to do now,  why not go to church and pray or something"

"I'll be waiting for you" She said and hung up.

* * * * *
"You needed to see how she threatened to kill me if I didn't tell Chief to add Philip's name to the will" She explained

"Unto what levels na?  I asked

"Unto say she wants her boyfriend to inherit chief's property instead of you and your brother. I've always warned you people to be careful,  now see"

"Relax mom,  this is not serious.  I'll handle it"

"It is very serious o. And infact,  I need you to handle it right now.  This girl is dangerous o"

"Don't worry mom. Or is there something you want me to do?

"Yes" she said  looking  left and right before whispering  "I want you to kill her"

What was my mom saying? 

"You want me to kill her?  I questioned

"Yes" she replied using her hands to demonstrate her throat being slit.

"See,  this girl is not as Innocent as she looks.  I won't be surprised if you entered her house and you see ten human heads.  She's that dangerous and I'm not even exaggerating!  My dear, strike now to avoid being struck o" she said

I checked my phone and Roger sent a text.

"No issue, I have to start going.  Tell Dad I said a happy birthday or whatever you want to say"

"Nna,  be careful. Tell Kendrick to call me"

"You have his number" I blurted before walking through the door.