CHAPTER EIGHT

PHILIP'S POV

I need to get a drink from the second floor before I return to my game.
It's been fun so far. The cartage is quite crowded and I wonder why.
Oh, someone said a film was going to be out today, but to hell. It's a Nigerian movie and Nollywood doesn't excite me.

"Heyyyyyyyy" someone says and waves

I recall the face..
It's the girl from the mall who wanted to get her friend a doll, lol.

"Hey" I replied
"You look good"

"Uhm, thanks. You remember me, yeah?

"Sure. I don't have amnesia"

"Cool. You came to see the movie?

"What movie..That? I asked pointing to the screen where an advert was playing.

"Yes, omo ghetto"

"No no, lol. I don't do Nigeria movies"

I don't know if I was feeling Fly saying this, but lol.

"Okay cool. Came to get my purse, left it after the movie"

"So you're leaving now, I guess"

"Actually yes, my friend and I have this stuff we have to do"

"Oh, you aren't alone"

"Yes, she's over there" she says pointing to a direction where a few people are seated having drinks.

"She loved the hoodie, actually she's on it. But I forced her tho" she laughs and I admire the way she looks at her friend that I wasn't seeing

"Lol I'm glad. Would've saved a minute to say hello but I have a game and I'm being waited on"

"Lol it's fine. she isn't focusing on anything else but finding the strange boy to return his missing book.
See you some other time" she smiled and walked away.

"Sure"

* * *
I'm home now and I'm just realizing I didn't get to know either her friend's name or hers. why her friend came first is something I can't open up to say, it's for my book alone.

My book.
My missing book..

Lol it's fine. she isn't focusing on anything else but finding the strange boy to return his missing book.

Could it be? Oh my.

Two weeks gone..

* * *
I heard voices outside, and I looked through my window.

It was them.

Her friend and her.
I don't really care if you understand or not.

FELICIA'S POV

"Honestly Felicia, I'm tired. Should have figured something else to do with my life" Princess murmured as we got to the ending of the street.

"I thought we'd find him.. maybe I could leave the book here? I just feel very guilty to still have it with me despite knowing it's quite important to him"

"And you wouldn't feel guilty leaving it here? She asked rolling her eyes

"What am I supposed to do girl? Let's just hope he finds it" I say and drop the note book on a small abandoned table beside a house.

"I'm going"

I just did what I felt was right. After all he left it somewhere and that somewhere isn't my room so whatever..

I was nice enough to leave a note tho, more like a short note.

* **

PHILIP'S POV

I'd start with saying sorry, For invasion of privacy actually. But I deserve a thank you for keeping and protecting your book like it's human.
I live down the street and I'm sorry, but I couldn't stay with the guilt of staying with your note after reading your story..  you actually made it clear you wouldn't ever want to see anyone who ever read everything in here, so I believe I'm saving you the stress, because actually you don't know who I am.
I don't like getting pities so I'd not show the slightest here, because I don't pity you. I just admire your strength. That's the word Phil.
I tried searching for you but I couldn't find you..

I've read this for sixth time now, and I honestly feel relaxed and a bit happy.
Not just because I got my missing book, but because I got to see her friend. Lol
And I also got her name, making my search easier.

I'd say a thank you..

* * *

FELICIA'S POV

It's been Six months since we constantly started hanging out and I must confess aside with Princess, I've never had so much fun.

"It's late, you should go home" I said throwing stones

"I'll walk you home" he replied and reached for my hands.

We walked holding hands till I got to my compound and failed to realize my parents were only few steps away.

"Felicia" my mother called in a calm but warning tone.

I quickly removed my hands from his and ran to meet my mother.
I could hear him mutter some words,but I really didn't get it.