CHAPTER ELEVEN

FELICIA'S POV

My dad seems to be calmer of the fact I was denied admission than I am.
I expected him to be angry, and even disappointed but his reactions are not anything near expected.

I don't contribute to any of their conversations as I don't know which might trigger them to talk about my admission status so most of the times, I just stay mute and press my phone.

My Mom kept talking about this Teenage girl who was rushed to their Health Centre. She was barely 17 but heavily pregnant with a child weighing 3.5

"Even in my time, Felicia weighed 3.1 and I had a hard time pushing her out. I was even taken back to the Theatre because the first nurse who attended to me did a bad work and stitched almost everywhere in my vagina. It was the grace of God that I didn't bleed to death, so I really pity these young girls who go ahead to have sex and face the consequences in the hands of Nigeria nurses and doctors who read four textbooks and come out experienced"
She explained and took a deep breath signaling more was to come.

"Have you talked about sex with your children? My dad enquired.

This can't be happening, I have to get my ass out of this Awkward conversation.

"Where are you going to? Sit down and talk with your mother, I'll do the leaving" my father said when he saw me trying to get up from the chair.

The ground should just swallow me.