CHAPTER FIFTEEN

FELICIA'S POV

I've been decorating this note. I plan on giving it to Princess when she wakes up.

Two days gone, and the doctor said the sedatives used on her would fade by afternoon.

I'm so excited and I can't even hide it.

I went to the mall, picked up a few things I knew she'd love and head to the hospital. St James Hospital was a thirty minutes drive from home and i was happily relaxed. I felt goose bumps on my body twice and I was quite engrossed in my thoughts not to know when the taxi got to my destination.

I went to ward 118, where she was a night before. She was taken out of the emergency ward because she was deemed to be out of danger but I promise you it was because the hospital had insufficient beds and emergencies kept coming.

"Excuse me Miss" a young dark skinned nurse said, walking towards where I stood

"Uhm, Good morning and please I'm here to see the patient who was in this ward yesterday"

"She's been taken to the mortuary" she said

"Sorry?

No no no. She must be joking

"Her name is Princess Adebowale. She's been brought out of the emergency ward so she's out of danger. Please let me check on her bed. I know who I'm looking for. It's not who you are thinking it is"

I felt goosebumps twice again.

Her bed is empty and the book I left a night before was sitting calmly on the chair and the wrapper she used was no longer there.

"WHERE'S SHE? I screamed

"Calm down miss, she's.. she"

"Come over here Felicia" Mr Adebowale calls for me.

His eyes looked so swollen you'll easily know he had just cried his balls out.

"Sir.. sir" I say and run to him

"I was asking of Princess and this nurse doesn't know who I'm talking about.

Is she home? Why didn't you call me that she has been discharged. I should've just taken these things home instead. Let me head home now, I promised her I'd be there when she opens her eyes.

Thank you nurse, I'll just leave"

"Princess has gone home. To rest in peace" Mr Adebowale said swallowing a lump

"See, sir. I don't understand what y'all keep saying. I mean..

"She's dead! Mr Adebowale says and tears roll down his eyes.

He was crying.

Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus

I let myself loose from his sad grip and run as fast as my legs could carry me.

I don't know where exactly I'm running to, but yes. I'm searching for my sister, my best friend and my partner in everything.