Chapter 5. The Funeral

It is time for the funeral. Tina sang her dads favorite song for him. She gave a speech before the burial. In the speech she says...

"Dad was a straightforward man who demanded little from those around him, and who expected only the best for his three children. Provided he heard regularly from us all – and saw us whenever possible – he was content. And although in his final years, we'd all moved on to different parts of the world, that bond was never broken.

To me, Dad's finest quality was his patience: an inherent ability to listen, to absorb and to offer a point of view based on quiet, measured wisdom. I'll never forget the time when I asked him what I should do about having to move overseas for my career: "Do what you feel, what you believe is right. Follow your gut, your heart, and you can't go wrong."

It's difficult to imagine him not being around and I'm not sure how we will all cope. The grandchildren, Billy and Leo will miss him dearly. It's strange to think that I can't just give him a call or pop around to have one of our good old yarns. Dad lived a long and happy life, and only succumbed to ill health right at the very end. He was an imposing figure of a man, a tall, dark, handsome character whose reassuring presence we all felt during difficult times.

As we gather here today to remember and commemorate his life, let bid him farewell as we mourn the loss of a lively, dignified soul. A soul that brought joy and fulfilment to many, and whose legacy will live on forever."

Her words made many cry. Her words made many understand him better. Her words touched many hearts.

Ryan was there for it all. Ryan never leaves her side. He was her shoulder to cry on. He was there for her to talk to him. He was there through all of her anger, hatred, sadness, and her feeling nothing.

He drove her home after the funeral and she was balling her eyes out. He didn't know what to say most of the time so he would just sit there and hold her until she fell asleep. Even when she was asleep he never wanted to let go.

Tina wanted to get a shower. Ryan had to take one as well so he told her not to take all of the hot water because she loves to take long hot showers. Tina just decides to take a bath because it wouldn't be wasting as much water.

She gets in and is in there for almost an hour. Ryan thinks that it's is very odd. He goes in there to check in on her. He asks...

"Hey babe, you okay?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm coming in okay?"

"Okay."

He hears the water move suddenly. He asked her once again

"Are you sure your okay? You jumped when I came in."

"Yeah i'm okay."

"Okay. Well i'm getting in the shower because I have to meet up with Jacob."

"Why?"

"He said that he needed to talk. "

"Ryan I don't thing you should go."

"Why?"

"I don't have a good feeling about this."

"He was my best friend."

"I know but..."

"Tina. It's okay. I will be fine it will all be fine."

"Okay."

She says very quietly. He looks at her giving her an awkward smile. He gets in the shower. While her is in the shower Tina gets out of the bathtub. She moves quickly but not so quickly it will draw attention to her. She gets dressed and goes down stairs and watches a movie.