~ 39 ~

A/N: this chapter is pretty nsfw, it's not explicitly described but i also don't skip over anything 😭 so if that's not your vibe, feel free to skip this chapter. i'll put a brief summary at the end for anyone curious about what happens other than the Devil's Dance lmfao.

========

MORGANA'S HEAD WAS ON fire, and all he had to deal with it was a warm cup of tea Kit left him before he disappeared again, never to come back. He had no idea where he was, but he could gather from the prince's behavior that they were safe. Well, as safe as they could ever be anymore.

His clothes were fresh, all black like he liked them. At this point, he didn't care who changed him in his sleep, it just felt nice not to have his shirt caked in sweat and gore. But his hair was still matted, dirt tucked into crevices of his skin where he didn't want it to be. Ugh.

He felt weak, still exhausted, but he didn't want to lie around anymore. If Kit wasn't going to come back, and if Giselle wasn't going to fuss over him, he didn't think he had any other option but to get up and look for help. He made Kit a promise, and he intended to keep it. He was too fond of that insufferable idiot now, he couldn't bare not to.

It was times like these where he was glad to have a cane. For awhile, he refused to use it. But back then, he wasn't forcing himself to reach his limit until he had no choice but to accept help when testing his strengths was not an option. He leaned against it as he searched the twisted tunnels until he stumbled across a room where a sweaty Kit was aggressively fighting the air. If he was trying to train, there wasn't much of an opponent other than his own personal demons. At least he was dreadfully handsome while he did it.

"You fighting the dust bunnies over there?" he asked, startling the staff out of Kit's hand. "Sorry."

"No worries," Kit breathed, turning to face Morgana with an awkward smile. "You're up."

"Only because no one was there to coddle me," he said with a playful pout. He held up his pinky finger. "I came to ask for help."

There was a strange look in Kit's eyes, like he was somewhere else entirely, completely lost in his own thoughts. "How can I help you?"

Morgana's stomach grumbled, answering his question for him. "Well clearly, I need to eat. And then I need to bathe. By the looks of it, so do you." The sweat covering his body was only attractive from a distance, when he didn't have to smell the grime that still covered him.

There was a mischievous glint in Kit's eyes as he stepped closer to him, but nothing happened, he only stepped around him and motioned for him to follow.

"Where are we, anyways?" Morgana wondered as he followed the prince through the maze.

"Mab's secret place," he answered, ducking through a corridor and into a small room. "We couldn't stay at the palace anymore. This was a place she'd prepared exactly for this kind of situation." He opened a chest to reveal a pile of old, preserved food, and suddenly Morgana didn't feel hungry anymore. "Here. It's all we've got."

The faery grimaced but accepted the offer regardless. He was too hungry to be picky. "I'm going to throw this up later," he murmured. "I hope you know that."

"It's better than it looks, promise," Kit assured him.

Morgana hesitated, but eventually he took the chance. It wasn't horrible, but he still wrinkled his nose to prove his point. "There, I've eaten. It was disgusting." It wasn't, but he didn't want more, either.

"At least you've got something in you," Kit replied and took his arm. "You up for a wash then?"

They weaved through more twisted hallways and dark, curving tunnels, until they reached the largest space he'd seen thus far. It was a hot spring, and it was shockingly beautiful for a cave, with the gentle music of trickling streams and the echoing of their footsteps.