Chapter 1: A Happy Ending

Y/n: Food supplier for Joey Drew Studios

________________________________

Underverse is NOT mine
Bendy and the ink machine is NOT mine
Characters from BATIM are NOT mine except for y/n
Cover arts are NOT mine
2838 words

________________________________
Y/n: Thanks for helping with the food
supply, Jack. I really appreciate it.

Jack Fain: No problem, y/n, I just really needed a break from Sammy and it's nice talking to someone not music related.

Y/n: You'd rather be around all the pipes giving off that horrible ink smell than be with Sammy?

Jack Fain: Yep, Joey's assigned us 4 new songs by the end of the month and I think it's starting to take a toll on him mentally. He needs to chill if we want these songs pitched in by Monday in the next 2 weeks.

Y/n: Wow, and I thought I had a terrible job

Jack Fain: We all have terrible jobs, y/n

He playfully nudges you on the shoulder, somehow making you lose focus on your surroundings and you bump into a pipe and fall unceremoniously on the ground, dropping all your workload. You groaned in annoyance and lazily picked up the cans with Jack and continued on your venture through the studio to the maintenance tunnel.

Jack Fain: Heh, sorry about that.
Sometimes I don't know my own strength. I like to PIPE in a bit too much in peoples business.

You looked at him dead in the eyes with a baleful look and huffed to yourself in annoyance. He gave you smirk and continued.

Jack Fain: Aww, don't give me that SINister look, y/n. Be more RATIONal about how you approach people when they give you PUN-tastic jokes.

Y/n: Jack, I swear on my grave, I will knock you out with this pipe if you don't shut up.

You both laugh in the end and finally make it to the maintenance tunnel. The vague and unidentifiable shadow of 2 people had caught your attention and you stayed behind to listen. Quickly recognising the familiar voices of Joey Drew and the new co-worker, Thomas Connor. You had only met him a few times on your runs and learned he was part of the Gent Corporation. He worked on projects with Joey and Grant Cohen which made most of the workers jealous. The money Thomas was receiving compared to the daily salary we were given was higher, not because Joey paid him more, Joey wasn't the type to keep promises on our payment and instead was paid by the investors out of pity, you guessed. You shrouded everything except your head from the presence of the 2 men and listened intently on the conversation until Jack heaved you fully out of view rather firmly.

Jack Fain: Y/n, what are you doing?? You know how Joey gets when people are listening in on him.

Y/n: Jack, don't worry, as far as everyone else knows in this studio, I don't even exist. I'm alright for now.

Jack Fain: I wasn't worried

Y/n: You sure sounded like it.

Jack Fain: Just follow me so I can get my work done. I'm sure Sammy's having a mental breakdown by now. You can stay in the music department to listen to the music we're working on.

Y/n: Sure, I'd love to.

2 years later - y/n POV:

I had been restocking some food in the storage room after Joey had rudely instructed you to go back to work when you were on your break with Wally Franks. Jack Fain and you had grown distant due to the work environment and demand from Joey for more songs to be written out so he didn't have time to hang out with you anymore. Long conversations turned to long and uncomfortable silences when you had the chance to talk to each other, you 2 eventually decided to avoid each other entirely. Passing through the hallways with only gentle waves and ignoring each other. It was sad, really, but you had Wally at least to keep you company.