8. Face to Face

Next morning Kanak spoke to mamasa and then went to the building dressed up as the guy from bar. She went and knocked the door. But there was no response. She tried everything from light tapping to heavy hitting but nobody opened the door. She thought she will visit in afternoon unaware of the presence looming behind her and following her stealthily.

She went to bar and was telling mamasa as how nobody opened the door in that building and how desperate she is to meet them. Someone was listening to all this talk she was having with mamasa. He still thought she is a boy as her face was half covered.

Veer was very curious when he saw the boy "Amish" outside their building knocking the door. Generally after the mission they disperse off to a different place so as people can rest without the fear of getting attacked and nobody wants to get caught off guard. He followed the boy till bar and heard him speaking to Kaushal ji... Veer thought to himself " this guy has such squeaky girlish voice..weird...what was he doing outside the building..does he know our secret??? Will he reveal it to royal guards to protect the king so he can be rewarded???Afterall he is just a kid..he would not know right from wrong..I have to speak to him and check if he knows something he is not supposed to know." Veer thought of observing him for sometime just to get an idea about how this boy is. So he went as a customer Vyapari.

Kanak was shocked when she saw who has entered. Both looked at each other and shared an eyelock and were lost till vessels fell down in the kitchen of Kaushal mamasa..Kanak wanted to speak to Veer so desperately but she couldn't do it openly as there were other patrons in the bar and she didn't want to reveal herself to be a lady in front of all.

Veer guessed by the look on her face that she kind of recognizes him. So he went towards her and asked for a drink. Kanak was once again literally lost in him. It annoyed Veer when she gave a blank look and didn't respond. He thought maybe she is deaf. He shrugged and touched her shoulder. The touch on her shoulder jolted them both. Kanak thought " woha!! I just felt as if some livewire was inside me.." Veer was confused by his own reaction to the touch. Veer started conversation with her asking about her details and Kanak realised that he is onto her.

Before he could mistake her for an enemy, she should tell him the truth. While serving booze to him she started whispering but she was not looking at Veer directly so it was very strange for him and he thought to himself " ye aise kya khusphus kar raha hai...aur ye neeche dekhkar kya badbada raha hai. Upar se meri ore dekh bhi nahi raha. Zara pass jaake sunta hu" Veer bend towards her a little to hear her telling "Khazaane ko Zara dhyaan se chhupaaiyega. Kaafi nazrein aap per hai." Veer thought why is she speaking in riddles and he understood she meant it as his team's secret spot. "He is indirectly telling me that he knows about the building." Kanak waited for Veer to get hint and then she saw realization dawning upon him. He replied to her in an arrogant tone "tum mere khazaane se door raho, raah chalte logo ki manzil nahi hai woh, aur chhote Bachcho ko khazaane se dur rehna chahiye, sandook se chot lagne ka Darr rehta hai aur khazana khelne ki cheez nahi."

That attitude and response ignited her inner bitch and she was quick to retort "hum bachpan se hi khazaano ke beech khel bade hue hai.. khazaane aur sandook ki ahmiyat jaante hai hum. Aur aapke khazaane mein humari bohot hi keemti cheez hai, bus usey hi dhoond rahe hai.." That Royal tone flustered Veer a bit. He guessed he must have some royal background.

When Kanak gave him the mean bitch look, Veer slowly recognized those beautiful orbs as for the first time he was looking into those eyes from so near but he was still not sure. His heart was telling him but his mind was adamant about the identity of this boy. Kanak was getting pissed with his closed off attitude. She rolled her eyes and thought to herself " Yeah, maybe he is sugar licking sweetheart at times but right now he is pissing me off with that back away attitude. Screw it! I am the princess! I always take the lead." With that thought she took hold of his wrist and pulled him to the inner stock room where barrels of liquor were stored and it happened in a fraction of seconds that Veer was dumbstruck.

Kanak after pulling him in started speaking to him so fast and when she saw his lost face, she was like "Ugh!! To hell with this!!!". Saying this she removed her turban and the veil covering her face...and lo behold the thick dark hair fell down like silk that reached till her waist and the most beautiful sight in this world was in front of him. Veer was literally dumbfounded and was speechless. Kanak could see the awestruck look he had on his face..She smirked looking at him. She had to snap her fingers to get him to listen to her... All he could say was "huh!" with that clueless look and looked at her from top to bottom. Kanak had to control her laugh and introduce herself. Holding her head high in her regal posture, she said "Hum, Rajkumari Kanak apne bhai kunal se milna chahte hai". There it was...straight to the point.. Veer was already annoyed with his reaction to her and he just rolled his eyes and spoke to himself "ab inn rajkumari ke nakhre ko bhi Jhelna padega. Kitni krodhit ho gayi thi thodi der pehle...aur akad toh dekho maharaniyo waale.. kunal ne theek hi kaha tha usey dhoondte uski behen aa chuki hogi.."

Kanak with raised eyebrows asked him what is he murmuring to himself. For that Veer replied "nothing.. was thinking of Kunal..he told me about his pampered arrogant sister..got to meet her today...but listen there is no place for brats like you in my team." He was unnecessarily being rude to her.

And kanak being kanak could never take disrespect even if it is from the God of beauty and sexy himself. "Hume koi shauk nahi jo jhund mein vaar kare. Naam Veer hai par kaayaro ki tharah nakaabkosh ban Dushman par vaar tum karte ho. Hum Mewarpur ki rajkumari hai, saamne se Vaar karte hai aur humara ek hi vaar kaafi hai dushman ki haar ke liye." That made Veer very angry and he went closer to her. He was breathing fire as he was trying to control his anger and he closed his eyes to calm himself. Kanak didn't back off. She stood her ground and waited looking up to him what with his gangly tall height.

Veer was feeling something for the arrogant lady which was disturbing him and then he thought of Kunal, his dear friend who was asking for his sister and was missing her. So finally he opened his eyes and with cool mind looked at her cute expectant face and said "OK, I will take you to your brother". His heart sang when the most beautiful smile adorned her lips and lit up her face. He swore that it was the best feeling ever..being the reason for that smile. Realising their closeness, he moved away from her and cleared his head from this non sense and asked her to meet him in this similar boy get up in evening. He will take her to Kunal. Kanak was the happiest person in Paurashpur that day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Finally!!! I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much.. It's the best I could think of..
Thank you for the love and requests for update. It means alot. Please give similar love to my other fanfic Protector and Professor... I promise it's going to be an epic journey...

Shruti