Chapter 5

My fathers face scrunched up and he sent me on my way to class. I wasn't sure why my dad was so obsessed with my love life!
Aster agreed to go to the dance with me again but I wasn't sure why I even asked.
This time I put on a green suit (prepared by my dad) as well as a flower crown. I knew my dad would hate the crown.
Instead of meeting Aster at the ballroom I met him outside of his dorm. He walked out in a dress. It was a flowery green suit that matched my suit nicely.
"I don't know how you do it but you always match!"
I said with a laugh to Aster
"Oh I'm not doing that on purpose." Aster replied
I don't know how someone could match like this unplanned!
We walked in to the ballroom side by side but not touching.
Our names were called and we immediately left the crowd. With both of us being fairy's we easily flew away. We sat with our legs hanging off the chandelier, we aren't afraid of heights so it's no big deal.
Neither of us spoke. We just watched all of the straight couples dance and all of the girls swoon over boys.
"I like you!" My words came out jumbled and fast. Just like last night I was embarrassed and flew out of the ballroom and to a bench nearby. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I cried softly. I could never be with Aster!
I felt Aster's body heat as he sat next to me.
"Hey." He said and I heard his voice shake