4.2

The jade pool was the only source of natural pool water that Luoxia Peak had. Originally, it was just an ordinary hot spring, but after being discovered by the original host later on, he had set up a spiritual stone enchantment at all four corners of the pool. This allowed the spiritual energy in the sky and the ground to converge, and after thousands of years of collecting nourishing spiritual energy, the pool gradually developed miraculous effects.

The jade pool's water could not only cure common external injuries, but it simultaneously had an effect that allowed one to concentrate their jing energy, making it especially suitable for closed-door cultivation.

Fan Yuan estimated that the hour should've been up, so he took a set of clothes to the jade pool to find Moran. With his current cultivation, it was extremely easy to find a mortal child. He located the boy's small and thin figure within a moment.

There was a thin layer of water vapour veiling the surface of the pool. The thin and frail boy was currently lying on the jade steps of the pool, sleeping lightly. His pale cheeks were steamed into a slight pink, and the corners of his mouth were gently tucked up. Who knew who he saw in his dreams.

Such an unguarded appearance really made people feel tender pity.

Fan Yuan didn't wake Moran up, and instead gently wrapped him in clothes. He carefully carried him in his arms and slowly headed towards Snowless Hall with light movements, afraid of startling the boy awake.

He reminded himself in his heart that he was now Immortal Luoxia, Lin Yuan, ​​whereas the one in his arms was the son of fate in this world. The boy was the reincarnation of Immortal Xuantian, Lin Xuantian—the man the original host had loved and remembered for thousands of years. Even though the man had entered the cycle of reincarnation, Lin Yuan couldn't forget his Senior Brother. The original host's purpose of coming to Xuan Tian sect to cultivate was simply to protect the painstaking efforts that man had spent a lifetime putting in for the sect.

Although Fan Yuan couldn't feel the same feelings of deep love that the original host had, when faced with this kind of child that made one feel such pity, he couldn't sit aside and watch either. To the best of his own ability, he hoped to give this child the happiest childhood possible, until the day when he could face the world independently.

*******************

The next day, Snowless Hall.

Fan Yuan sat elegantly in his seat, holding the white spirit fox in his arms as he gently stroked the fox's fur with his fingers. The little fox mewled in comfort and arched in his arms. This was a beautiful image of one man and one fox getting along harmoniously, like an intricately-drawn ink painting.

This fox was the spirit pet that the original host had raised in his first life. At the beginning, it was merely a white fox that had gained spiritual wisdom. Who would've thought that after reincarnating for hundreds of years, Lin Yuan would return to Xuan Tian sect once again and realise that this white fox had always been waiting for him in Luoxia Peak? In this life, other than his Senior Brother, this fox was the most important to him.

Fan Yuan placated his beloved pet as he looked up and saw an incomparably obedient Xu Moran standing in the middle of the hall. Seeing that the boy was currently staring at the spirit fox in his arms, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and ask, "You like this fox?"

Xu Moran was a little shy as he said, "So it's a fox ah. In the past, this disciple raised a hybrid dog at home and it looked similar to shizun's fox. It was extremely close to me, but unfortunately it fell sick and died. Even now I still think of it and feel a little sad."

Fan Yuan looked at the fox in his arms and then at his pitiful disciple. After a pause, he said, "This fox is different from ordinary ones. It's a demon cultivator that has been cultivating for thousands of years. "