8.5

As the entrance examination approached, Warren's offensive style became increasingly fierce. It was filled with a sense of "There won't be a reason to feel entangled after the examination is over". Meanwhile, Fan Yuan was bothered by Warren so much that he finally decided to end his leave and return to the military.

In light of the fact that the script did not specify the day his leave ended, it was possible for him to improvise to a certain extent. In any case, it was impossible to wait till the male lead brought his wife and children back to the Main Planet. By that time, the daylily dishes would have gone cold and the military power would have changed.

That's right, the world was not a simple love story, it also involved a series of power struggles and intergalactic wars.

The early part of the story was mainly about General Steven Evans's wife-chasing journey. Simultaneously, this allowed Tracy Russell, a Huaxia girl who'd transmigrated from Earth, to gain a deep understanding of this world. During the later stages of the story when the two had solidified their feelings for one another and formed a harmonious family, a disaster began to silently unfold.

As mentioned previously, there were four marshals in the Federation. Among them, Ivan Lawson and Howard Jonah belonged to the same faction while the other two were in the opposing one. The original host had the intention to promote his student, the secret subject of his love, General Evans, to become the fifth marshal of the Federation, to break the current balance between both sides and usher the Federation into a new era.

However, the other two old diehards weren't willing. In order to quell the possibility of a decentralisation of authority, they decided to frame Steven Evans. The method they used was simple and crude — let him lead the troops to the fore and secretly tamper with the mecha, causing the whole team to suffer critical losses. Evans thus changed from the Federation's hero to a criminal whom everyone yelled at.

Evans was eventually sent to the military court for neglect of duty. The final sentence decreed that he would be exiled to a sub-zero planet for 50 years. The female lead decided to accompany him in exile along with their child.

In the end, of course, everything was well and right as the original host and Old Jonah found the evidence of someone's secret tampering. However, in order to protect the reputation of the military headquarters, they did not disclose who the real criminals were, and instead, gave them a serious warning in private.

At last, Evans realised that he had to stand at the pinnacle of power to protect both himself, as well as his family, so he began to cultivate his own might.

The story's end is something we all know without even needing to think much about — Evans became the fifth Marshal of the Federation and Russell naturally became the Marshal's wife. Both stood side by side at the apex of the planet.

Only after reviewing the plot and making sure that he didn't miss out anything did Fan Yuan relax his mind and proceed to watch the newest series showing on television.

The original host had always been free and unrestrained. He would push the small things to his subordinates, and he would push the big things to Jonah. He would always be like this unless something interesting happened like a rebellion on a certain planet, where he would then proactively take his cronies to suppress it and conveniently play around on the way back —— fine, it was actually a junket.

In view of Evan Lawson's true colours, even if Fan Yuan didn't receive the original host's memories and acted like an absolute blockhead regarding work matters, it would have zero effect on the completion of the mission.

When the advertisements came up, Fan Yuan casually changed to a nother channel. And that's when he suddenly saw a certain annoying face! He subconsciously changed the next channel, and only after a moment did his fingers pause slightly......what the?!