ARC 8: Marshal's Troubles

On the black leather sofa, a man clad in pajamas reclined languidly. His neatly-arranged short black hair made him appear sharp and firm, while his forehead gave off a quiet easiness of bearing. With squinted eyes, the man was staring at the white wall opposite him.

After a while, he tilted his head and glanced at the rather reserved subordinate by the side, asking in a light tone, "You were saying, what happened to that Omega woman?"

The uniformed soldier moved back half a step subconsciously, but had to raise his hoarse voice, "Report, Sir. Tracy Russell has escaped. According to our current intel, she has likely already escaped the Main Planet."

He sneered, his eyes revealing unconcealed contempt, "As expected of a lowly scum, what they do is too uncouth to reveal to the public. What did Steven say? How does he plan to deal with this runaway Omega?"

The soldier replied cautiously, "Reporting to Sir, General Evans said that he would personally find and bring her back. The wedding will temporarily be postponed."

The man's cold eyes flashed as he broke into a laugh with anger, "He has no problems with throwing people aside, very good, very good. I want to see how he ends up."

The atmosphere in the air suddenly froze, and the cold sweat rolled down the soldier's forehead. The man in front of him was not just anyone, but the youngest of the four Grand Marshals of the Federation, Marshal Ivan Lawson. As one of the strongest fighting forces of the Federal Army, the Marshal's temper had never been considered too good. Especially at this moment, he was on the verge of bursting in rage.

The reason behind this was that his student, General Steven Evans, had brought back an unidentified Omega woman from his home planet expedition. Moreover, he had mated with her due to the influence of her pheromones. According to federal law, once an Alpha marks an Omega, he must marry her and remain loyal to her for life.

In recent years, the number of Omega had dropped dramatically to the point of rarity, so even the General of the Federal Army was subject to following the law, having to marry this Omega woman named Tracy Russell.

When the news was broadcasted through the Galaxy Network, all the unmarried Beta and Omega were heartbroken. Not only was General Steven Evans from a top-notch family, but he was also very outstanding on his own. He had led the army on several expeditions since a young age, marking many battle achievements to his good name. Furthermore, he was greatly looked after by his teacher, Marshal Ivan Lawson. Who could guarantee that he wouldn't become a legend of the next generation?

However, such a top-quality man was going to get married just like that! What was most surprising was that General Evans himself didn't seem to mind, but this Omega woman didn't know how to appreciate what's good and escaped from the Main Planet, disappearing half a month before the wedding ceremony.

This time, it was not just General Evans' face who'd been thrown to dirt, but also the Evans family and Marshal Ivan Lawson's!

Marshal Ivan Lawson closed his eyes and remained silent, and only after a moment did he wave his hand. The intention to see off the guest was obvious. The Lawson family's attendant immediately came forward and said, "Sir, this way, please."

The soldier hesitated for a moment, then he suddenly chose death and spoke in a loud voice, "Sir, your leave has already ended yesterday. Marshal Jonah hopes you can return to the army as soon as possible."

Ivan Lawson suddenly widened his eyes and asked impassively, "What did you just say?"

The soldier hurriedly said, "Nothing, it is this subordinate that has offended."