9.9

Over the span of a night, the Ning Family had changed masters. Only orphans and widows were left in the main house, so no turbulent waves could be caused. The thing that rear residence did not lack the most were those who trimmed their sail to the wind. Very soon, the second house had completely made a comeback.

After that, due to the fact that a considerable number of servants and maids had unclean tongues, those who had to have their tongues pulled out had to do so, and those who had to be flogged to death were flogged. For a period of time, things were so messy that it made everyone feel jittery and panicked. No one dared to mention that night in ancestral hall any longer. Everyone desperately wanted to erase that memory and completely forget it for their own good. It seemed that although the old taitai was ahead in the years, her means were still no less than those days of the past.

No matter how chaotic it was outside, Fukang Courtyard was extremely quiet. Those who liked to gossip were sent away long ago by Fan Yuan, and those who remained were very tactful. Although they knew that the main house had collapsed, the old taitai was still there and the Second Young Master was still the Second Young Master. They weren't entities that servants like them could suppress.

Fan Yuan studied and practiced calligraphy in his study during the daytime, and at night, he either went to Tianshan Mountain with Yan Rui to take a medicinal bath or did some shameful things in his room. Anyhow, he passed each day comfortably.

Soon after, he received the news that he had passed the qualification examination. So then, Fan Yuan began to prepare for the commission exam once again. Actually, why would he even need to prepare? Everything was done just for others to see.

Today, he was busy watering the flowers in the yard. He had brought back the seeds of these snow sunflowers from Tianshan Mountain. He didn't think that they could survive, but he decided to plant them just for fun. He never expected that they would miraculously sprout, and even grow better and better with each day.

He didn't know that Yan Rui had secretly poured a great deal of rare potions into the soil in order to make him happy. Even stones could bear blossoms through this, let alone snow sunflowers.

When Ning Ximin stepped into his courtyard, her gaze was attracted to that peculiar white flower. She squatted beside him and sniffed lightly, before asking curiously, "What flower is this? To think I've never seen it before. "

Fan yuan didn't lift his head at all. While overturning the soil carefully, he replied in an unconcerned manner, "Snow sunflowers. They can only be found on Tianshan Mountain in the western region. It can't be found in the Central Plains."

Ning Ximin raised her eyebrows, "In that case, where did you get it from?"

Only at this moment did Fan Yuan lift his head and direct his gaze at her, blandly saying, "It does not concern you."

Ning Ximin covered her mouth with a soft smile, a look that was elegant and charming, "How does not concern me? I'm your cousin, and......" She leaned closer to Fan Yuan's ear and whispered, "I know your little secret."

The corners of Fan Yuan's lips curved. He then patted away dirt on his body and stood up, walking over to the swing to sit down before slowly swinging upwards. Ning Ximin was by the side, not really sure whether to stand there or walk over, she felt quite awkward.

Seeing that her expression had turned increasingly ugly, Fan Yuan finally looked over and laughed, "Cousin's words are truly strange. What secret does Siqi have? Could it be that Cousin discovered the matter of me secretly pouring away my medicinal soup? If so, please keep it a secret. If my yiniang knows, I'm afraid I can't escape a scolding. "