Chapter 27: Sick

The next day, Norman and her friends were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch.

"How's the baby doing? Your eating a lot right?" Riley asked as she took a bite from her sandwich.

"Hm? Mm!" Norman answered.

"We did notice that you are eating a lot, and that's a good thing! Ok? Don't get upset." Athena said.

Norman swallowed first and answered, "Yeah, I noticed that, I also gained a bit of weight too. But, Ray said that its ok, since the baby needs it anyway." Norman smiled.

"Yeah, I really wish, I have a mate that's like Ray also." Athena sighed.

"But you know, when the baby is born, you guys will be tested, since you know, babies need a lot of attention and sometimes your mate also needs attention. Also, you guys may argue sometimes, but I know you guys won't end up separating. I just know it!" Dela said as she took a bite from her food.

"Yeah, I know. Huh?" Norman was surprised that there was a box of cupcakes in front of him, when he tilted his head up a bit, he saw Ray looking at him with a smile on his face.

"Hey, hon. Here some cupcakes for you guys." He said as he placed the box in front of them and sat right beside Norman.

"Thanks, Ray!" Norman said as he kissed his cheek.

"Ooh! That looks delicious, can we have some?" Athena asked.

"Yeah, sure go ahead. Get some." Ray smiled.

"Thanks!" Athena said and took one.

"Mmm! Its so good!" Athena said.

"Thanks, at least you like it."

"Where did you buy this?" Norman asked.

"I bought it from that new pastry shop that just opened down the block." Ray said.

"Ok. Have you eaten already?" Norman asked.

"No. Not yet."

"Eat already!" Norman said as he opened Ray's bag and took his lunch from his bag and placed it on the table.

"Ok. I'll eat. Happy now?"

"Very!" Norman smiled.

"Man! You guys are so cute together!" Athena said swooning a bit.

"Thanks?" Ray said a bit confused.

Ray started to eat, while Norman and his friends chatted about somethings. Norman also noticed that Ray was a bit pale, but he shrugged it off.

"Ray?"

Ray looked up and nearly choked, Norman immediately patted his back and gave him water.

"What?!" Ray said coughing.

"Yo, Ray! Why are you sitting here? I thought you said you had something to do, that's why you said you won't eat. Ow!" Alfred started to pinch Ben's ear and sighs.

"Al, why don't you just leave Ray alone, since he's busy eating with his wife—oh bloody sh*t!" Alfred swore. He wasn't suppose to say that to Ben, but he did.

"Wait, what?! Ray's married, like legit?!" Ben said.

Alfred sighs and lets go of Ben's ear, "Yes, he is. You wanker! Why do you think he's wearing a wedding ring." He flicked his finger on Ben's forehead.

"Ouch! I thought he just wore that because its from his parents, or something." He mumbled.

Alfred sighs, "Fine, its reasonable. I guess, I too, wear my Grandmother's wedding ring." He said.