𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵: 𝑩𝒊𝒈 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

Day Six of The Final Selection

"𝑰 𝒂𝒎 so hungry!" You whined as you laid on the branch of the tree. "Me too, I hope we get some sort of food after this." "Me too, noodles sound amazing right now." "Yeah they do."

You and Tanjiro had been sitting in the tree for the past couple of days, both your bodies tired from fighting the large demon two days ago. You body almost drained of all fighting you both had slayed around eight demons over the past days only making your body more tired.

Over the past days of whining about being hungry and aching bodies, you and Tanjiro had gotten to talk more. Not just about your guy's life but about simple things like hobbies and dislikes. It turns out you and Tanjiro had a lot in common, from enjoying taking walks and meeting new people.

"No wonder we had to train so long for this, my body feels like a sack of potatoes." Tanjiro mumbled. "Yeah, now I know why I wasn't allowed to take this thing years ago with sabito and Giyu. I would have just whined the whole entire time." "I would have too, this sucks." Tanjiro chuckled.

"Well there has to be something we can do for fun." You spoke, sitting up onto the log of the tree to get a better look at Tanjiro. "We have done almost everything, we even tried playing a card game with leaves." The boy laughed. "Hey! It was worth a shot!" You spoke.

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•

Last Day of Final Selection

"Welcome back." The short black haired girl spoke. "Congratulations. Being safe and sound is better than anything else." The short white haired girl spoke. You couldn't help but look around and notice how there were only five people left. There were almost twenty or so when you first started. Tanjiro noticed the same, but he was thinking about the boy he had tried to protect and how he wasn't there.

You brought your hand to Tanjiro's back and patted it, noticing his switch of emotions. You looked at the three others who passed. The girl from the butterfly mansion, a yellow haired boy mumbling to himself then a black haired boy with a large scar on the left side of his face and a stern look plastered on his face.

"Eh? Now what do I do? What about the blade?" The black haired boy spoke. "You must first pay the cost for the uniform. Then you must get your body measured and have your rank engraved." You listened to the white haired girl's words, remembering the process that Giyu went through for his things.

"There are ten ranks total, 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th. You are now at the lowest, 10th level." The black haired girl spoke. Though the black haired boy with the scar still wasn't happy with this response. "What about the blade?" He questioned. "Today, you will each choose a chunk of tamahagane alloy. Your blade will be completed within ten to fifteen days."

The caws of crows rang through your ears as you soon felt something land on your shoulder. When you turned you saw a black crow on your shoulder. It was slick and shiny, almost like the crow tried to keep itself clean.

"Eh? A crow? Isn't this... isn't this a sparrow?" The blonde boy questioned, he did in fact have not a crow but a sparrow. Which was pretty funny to you. "Kasugaigarasu is a crow that is primarily used for communication." Your eyes widened at the long name while looking at your crow, gently raising your hand to the bird while it seemed to rub its beak on your hand.

A large caw broke the peaceful silence of the small interaction with your crow, and when you turned you saw the black haired boy with the scar hitting his crow away from him. Tanjiro and you are staring at him in shock.