1. SURPRISES FOR DECEMBER

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

-Perfect by Ed Sheeran

"Peter, wait please!"

"Come on Miss Sophie! The mall is going to close soon and I still haven't bought anything for Mr. Rogers. Or Mr. Stark for that matter!"

Sophia Stark-Taylor smiles at her intern. Peter Parker had been the best student. He absorbed everything and wanted to learn everything from Tony and Steve. Steve Rogers had taken to the kid like a champ, sparring and training with him and teaching him manners and etiquette. Tony Stark loved that Peter wanted to know everything in the lab. Bruce Banner had even gotten used to the kid. Sophia just loved the kid like her own son. His Aunt May was so grateful to have more positive influences for young Peter. Raising a 14-year-old boy is tough enough all by herself. Right now, though, she wished that she had not had such a long day before picking up Peter. He had so much energy she didn't know how she would keep up.

"I know Pete but I am in heels and cannot move that fast."

"Oh, sorry Miss Sophie!"

"It's ok love. Do you know what you are thinking for the guys?"

"Well, I wanted to get Mr. Rogers like one of those old school sweaters like from the 40s because he's like my dad and he can smoke a pipe and then for Mr. Stark I'm not sure because he has everything, so I was going to ask for a suggestion and..."

"Peter, slow down! Did you go to Starbucks for something before I picked you up?"

Peter stopped and blushed. "Well actually um my friend MJ and I went to the coffee shop before you picked me." He looked down.

"Peter, who is MJ?"

"She's a girl in my class. She's cool."

"Do you like her?"

"Well, I don't, I mean, she's nice and all but..."

"It's ok Pete. I was just like you before I met Steven. You don't have to say anything. But I just want you to remember to be respectful and kind. And don't take any advice from Tony." She laughed. "Maybe Steve can tell you how they did it way back when."

"Ok, I guess," Peter mumbled.

"Don't be embarrassed my Peter." She kissed him on the cheek and gave him a hug. "It happens to all of us."

As they made their way around the mall, Sophia received a text from May.

Sophie, can you stay a few minutes after you drop of Peter?

Sure. Sophia replied, a frown forming. May never asked her to stay unless it was with an invitation to dinner. How odd, thought Sophia but let it go to finish the shopping. It was the first Christmas with Steve and she wanted to make the Brooklyn apartment perfect.

The tower had completed the renovations from the Ultron incident, but the new upstate facility was where the Avengers were based out of now. Steve spent three days a week training with the new recruits, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, Vision, Sam Wilson and Scott Lang or Ant-Man, whom Sam found one day, along with Natasha Romanoff. Sophia only went to the compound when she was done with Stark family business during the week, sleeping, while Steve was gone, in her old room in the Tower. She still had to have security with her, but they had their own place next door to the apartment in Brooklyn.

Sophia and Peter arrived in Queens to Peter's apartment. Happy Hogan, who was driving said to Sophia, "Rosie I'll wait here for you."

"Thanks, Happy."