16. LIARS

I find the answers aren't so clear
Wish I could find a way to disappear
All these thoughts they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance
Nothing seems to go away
Over and over again
Just like before

-One Step Closer by Linkin Park

"I feel like we have been here before."

"Yep."

"Want to talk about it yet doll face."

"Nope."

Wade sighed as he and Sophia sat at the same diner from a few weeks before. Sinatra playing the background, and the only change was that she wasn't bruised or in a cast this time. He knew that it was bad for her to run away again. She was a runner when she was truly scared. "So, we aren't going to talk, and we are just going to sit here and sip coffee?"

"Yep."

"I'm loving the monosyllabic attitude, doll face but I basically just kidnapped you from Captain Gorgeous and his trusty sidekick, Metal Puppet, which probably means that I am about to die. So, for the sake of the tribute, can you sing Katniss?"

Sophia turned her head and smiled at Wade. "Your pop culture references are spot on as usual. Ironically, I have learned to shoot a bow and arrow."

"Ha! Katniss, I knew you had it in you."

"Whatever Wade. What do you want to know?"

"Why did you run again?"

"I don't run. I left a difficult situation."

"Please Julia Roberts. You are worse than a runaway bride. Anytime something gets scary, you run. You hate horror movies. You were scared of what I could do. I assume that the fab fiancé and the best metal man did something to you."

Sophia sighed. She took a sip of her coffee before she answered, "I made a mistake and they yelled and spoke to me like never before. I've only been scared of James once before, but this was different. It was like he was trying to hold back from hurting me. And Steve just like went along with it."

"What mistake? Did you put exploding magnets on his arm or something?"

"No, I found a book with some very specific words that turn him into the other guy. God, now I sound like I am talking about the Hulk."

"I was going to say...."

"Just, Wade, I need to lay low. I know I can't keep running but I was actually scared."

"You can stay with me tonight, I guess. Or I can get you over to a hotel. Do you have a credit card you can use?"

"Actually, I do. Under my alias that you met me under." Sophia smirked at the memory.

"Really? You set up an account under Serena Rogers. I mean I know I figured it out, but I can't believe your alias was about Captain Popsicle."

"What? My dad worked on the guy way back when. I was fascinated by his story when I was a kid."

Wade rolled his eyes. "And what are you going to do in the meantime? You can't you know hide forever. Especially with the GPS on your phone."

Sophia's eyes widen. "The GPS. I forgot to turn it off." She looked at her phone and realized that it had been tracked. "Crap, Wade. What do I do?"

"Too late, sweetheart." Wade gestured toward the front door behind her.

Sophia closed her eyes and grimaced. When she felt him, she said, "Hello, Steven."