Letting Go

Martha heavily debated on running back to me. She wanted nothing more than to have a fun day with me, and bringing what I needed.

But as of now, she didn't have a plan. She was scared of what Linda would do to her if she left again. She knew she would do it, but didn't know the right time.

And that was not what I wanted her to do.

I have absolutely nothing left. I am starving. I know that the human body can go 8-21 days without food or water, but it's almost been a week and I can't take it anymore.

I want to come home, yet always when I try, something drags me back. However, now, I couldn't if I tried. I am far too weak.

Linda landed on my arm.

"Hello, Linda. I appreciate you not pooping on me."

She looked up at me.

"I've got to eat something, Linda. I've cleared that forest of its berries, and I have no food without Martha's help."

She flew towards the forest.

"I can't get anything in there, I just told you."

She flew towards a fox, peacefully wandering around.

"Oh no. No, no, no. I am a vegetarian and I would never-"

She flew away.

"I can't do that...Martha will come soon, right?'

Wrong. She still wondered how she could get to me without harsh punishment.

"I don't think I have a choice. I have to eat for some energy."

I regretfully walked into the forest, knowing what I have to do and having an internal argument with myself.

"No... you won't. That poor little bunny isn't harming anyone."

"But I'm starving. If I don't, then what can I do?"

"I have faith in Martha. She will come, just wait..."

"I can't wait any longer. I feel as though I may perish without food. Just look at me, I can hardly walk!"

"I know, but just look at that innocent bunny's face. You can't hunt that..."

I didn't want to. But I was terribly hungry.

That poor, cute little rabbit was what I had to have.

I would never do that now. If I knew what was to come, I wouldn't have done it in a million years.

But there I sat, eating the only thing could, sobbing.

Oh Martha, please return...