𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 5: 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙮

"There's six of us left. Four of us were killed, and we've voted six of us out. Despite that, the game hasn't ended yet. One of us has to still be the imposter since we're still not done with tasks." Namjoon rested his chin on his palm. The six remaining crewmates were gathering up in the cafeteria before proceeding to finish off their tasks.

"We need to act smart and watch our backs. And whichever one of you has been killing us off, screw you." Taehyung growled. Yeonjun nodded. "Let's just get this over with." Beomgyu slid off his stool and began to head down the corridor to electrical. "I'll be in electrical."

"I'll be in navigation quarters." Y/N got up as well, heading in the opposite direction to redirect the steering as she was tasked to according to her armpad. The silent, dimly lit hallways brought uneasiness upon her, especially now that more than half of them were already gone. The weight of not being able to prevent the deaths and the possibility that she voted out innocents sat heavily on her shoulders, making them sag forward.

Y/N lazily flopped into the seat at navigation. The room was darker than the others, as the starlight from the endless void of darkness and minuscule glowing white orbs was the only thing illuminating the room. The wall that faced her was made completely of glass panels, and in front of the leather-padded seat sat a large dashboard. Rows of colorful switches and toggles lined the edges of the dashboard.

In the middle of the dashboard sat a large screen, displaying the statistics of the Skeld. She sighed and stretched her fingers out, leaning back in the seat. Just as Y/N was about to access the navigator, she paused, not making a single sound. She sensed that she wasn't alone.

The light thudding of footsteps neared her ominously, as she felt the shadow of someone else's presence growing on her back. Y/N gulped anxiously, too panic-stricken to turn around. She discreetly reached for her screwdriver, silently gripping it in her hand.

The footsteps stopped, the person coming to a halt right behind her. Now the only thing that she could hear was her own heart pounding in her chest, threatening to burst out. Y/N squeezed her eyes shut and clenched the screwdriver in her fist. Y/N shot upwards and turned around as quickly as she could, raising her screwdriver in self-defense to guard herself in case the person tried to attack her.

Upon seeing the mysterious person's identity, she sighed in relief, lowering her stance. "Don't worry, it's just me!" Taehyun innocently raised both of his palms covered in red gloves. Y/N softly threw a fist at his arm. "Don't scare me like that!" She whined, both of them turning back to face the glass panels.

Taehyun stretched his arms and sighed as Y/N sat back down to tend to the navigator. They both gazed at the endless space of stars and planets, glistening in their exquisite finery. The ones that were the farthest away, nearly beyond human comprehension, were like pinpricks amid a shroud of darkness. They had a subtle silver hue to them and appeared to be far away, dazzling angel fire sparks.

"Do you think Soobin and Kai are somewhere out there?" Y/N dreamily rested her arms on the dashboard. Taehyun raised his eyebrows, intrigued. "Hmm?" Y/N continued to speak, distracted by the dazzling beauty of space. "Every time a soul dies, a star is born in the sky. At least, that's what my father once told me when I was younger."