𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 7: 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

"We never voted any imposters out... They've both been killing all along." Taehyun gasped in disbelief. He couldn't swallow the fact that he had allowed himself to be swayed by others' judgment throughout the entirety of the game. The others always managed to convince him to vote his fellow crewmates out, as Taehyun blindly trusted their emotional instincts.

Namjoon smirked, forcefully releasing himself from Taehyun's shaking hands. Taehyun fell back into his knees as Namjoon walked over to the vent, opening it to greet his fellow imposter. Taehyun gazed at the metal vent, wide-eyed as a purple-gloved hand emerged from the void of darkness.

Namjoon offered his hand as the purple-suited boy took it, crawling out of the vent and making it out on his two feet. "Good to see you, Yeonjun," Namjoon smirked triumphantly. Taehyun gasped, sending his sweaty palm to his mouth.

"Yeonjun... How could you... What about Kai... Soobin... You helped kill them for god's sake!" Taehyun croaked, sticking his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Crap... Beomgyu's dead too!"

Yeonjun gave a sorrowful smile, drawing a thin line between bursting into tears or laughter. "Taehyun... I loved you guys, I really did..." he sighed sadly. "But it was for survival, more than anything else. The hunger to dominate, the hunger to thrive longer than the others took over me... I'm sorry."

Taehyun scoffed. "Sorry? You're sorry? I sure hope that you're happy when your toes touch the grass and you can breathe in air from Earth's atmosphere. Because your so-called "sorry" can't bring them back! They're dead, Yeonjun. They're dead!" Taehyun cried, on his knees.

A single tear rolled down Yeonjun's pale porcelain skin. He smiled once more, trying to prevent more tears from leaking through the brims of his eyes. He silently continued down the corridor, stopping at the door leading to Weapons. "Goodbye, Taehyun... It's sad that it had to end this way..." Yeonjun sighed as he exited through the door, leaving Namjoon and Taehyun alone once more.

The moment Yeonjun closed the door behind his back, the two charged at each other. Namjoon drew his knife out once more, grasping it in one hand while his other was curled into a fist. Taehyun searched his surroundings for a weapon or anything he could use to defend himself.

His eyes landed upon a thick rope made of hemp. The rope only seemed to extend to around 5 feet, but it was better than nothing. His eyes widened as he formed a plan. It was a long shot and would only result in another death, but it was a life or death situation. Taehyun abruptly seized the rope, meeting Namjoon's snake-like eyes.

"Don't get too confident." Namjoon sneered, veering closer to Taehyun with his dagger raised dangerously in the air. Taehyun tried to conceal his fear, controlling the trembling of his hands as he gritted his teeth. "Don't worry, I'm not..."

Namjoon swiped his dagger across Taehyun's midsection as Taehyun jumped backward and dodged it as best as he could, the blade grazing his side in the process. Taehyun winced and backed up as he tried his best to ignore the stinging pain in his side. He gripped his side and leaned one of his hands against a wall, catching his breath.

That's when Namjoon came at him, preparing to send his blade into Taehyun's chest, with intentions of ending his life. As this was part of his plan, Taehyun shot to the side just in time as Namjoon clashed with the wall loudly. Taehyun took this opportunity to wrap the rope around Namjoon's neck as tightly as he could.

He wrapped it around swiftly, securing it and holding it tightly with one hand. His other hand delved into the pockets and toolbars of Namjoon's blue suit as he tried to retrieve a weapon that might be of use. Namjoon struggled and convulsed as he thrashed around, trying to release himself from Taehyun's literally suffocating grip.