𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 6: 𝙊𝙭𝙮𝙜𝙚𝙣

"I saw the imposter leave through the vent! He slipped right past me!" Beomgyu slapped his palm on the cafeteria table. "I could've caught him... I could've even saved Taehyung if I wasn't so late..." Beomgyu's voice broke. "It wasn't your fault... The imposter's the only one to blame... Taehyung was a precious soul." Namjoon reassured the younger boy.

Taehyun cocked his head to the side, puzzled. "The vents can be used for transportation? I never considered that possibility in reality..." Yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "Me neither..."

"It's possible in the game, isn't it? I guess it just never occurred to us..." Y/N sighed as Namjoon folded his palms. "We have to vote... It's far too risky since there's only five of us." Beomgyu crossed his arms. "I don't trust any of you, cleared or not. I don't trust this stupid game a single bit!" he spat.

"It doesn't matter if we vote or not. To me, none of you are trustworthy anymore. I'm probably gonna die in this craphole anyways." Beomgyu croaked. Beomgyu's eyes darkened as he coldly left the cafeteria, sliding the door behind him with a loud slam.      

Everyone raised their shoulders at the loud slam of the door. "I don't blame him a single bit." Yeonjun sighed. "It could be anyone." He continued. Y/N slowly nodded. "We've just got to finish our tasks!" Taehyun groaned, looking down at his armpad. Namjoon stood up from his stool. "Fortunately, I'm on my last few ones. What about you guys?"

"I only have two left." Taehyun stated as Yeonjun nodded "Same.". "I'm on my last one!" Y/N declared proudly. "I'm gonna go get this over with." She gestured towards the door leading to Weapons as she slid off her seat.

Weapons was the first room on the right corridor. It shared the same lighting as the rest of the ship. In the middle of the ship was a colossal metal gun that was made to shoot lasers to destruct asteroids that veer dangerously close to the ship. A set of headphones and a virtual headset were hooked up to the gun to help Y/N observe the asteroids as they came at her.

Through the headset, she could see the asteroids with the best definition possible to crush them with laser beams using the gun. Loud beeps resonated from the noise-canceling headphones that alerted her about nearing asteroids and would also prevent her from getting distracted. Y/N slipped the bulky headpieces on as the laser gun began to fire up. She stuck her tongue out slightly, deep in concentration as beeps flooded through her ears.

Y/N skillfully aimed the gun as lasers penetrated into the large clumpy masses of rock, causing them to shatter into smaller particles and stones. In her state, she was completely oblivious to what was taking place on the ship.

Taehyun was currently in Admin, trying to swipe a card which the identification machine repeatedly rejected, as Taehyun either swiped it too sluggish or far too speedily. "Ugh, why won't it scan?" He cocked his head to the side and raised his eyebrows as he swiped once more, trying to correct his timing.

The machine gave a bright beep, indicating that he was successful. "Finally!" He cheered silently, about to exit the dimly lit room. Suddenly the lights began to flicker persistently, taking on a glowering blood red shade. Taehyun looked up, cautiously backing up against a wall.

Sirens began to wail flamboyantly, similar to when they were alerted about the reactor meltdown. "Alert! Oxygen depletion initiated! Alert! Oxygen depletion initiated! Enter the provided codes located in Admin and Oxygen to resolve the sabotage! Oxygen will be depleted in forty-five seconds!"

Taehyun took a deep breath as his eyes darted around the room, as he was already in Admin. Through the chaotic flickering of the red lights and perpetual wailing of the sirens, he staggered over to a small keypad that sat in the far dark corner of the room. He widened his eyes in an attempt to decipher the code displayed on the screen of his armpad.