Chapter 64: "An Army?"

After clearing the road, they resumed their journey, a couple of meters ahead of them, someone was standing in the middle of the road, "there's someone in the road and it doesn't look like the person is planning to move, "just go around," said the guard.

"The person started to move into the path of the carriage," this guy wants to get run over," said the carriage driver," a voice came from inside the carriage, "now that wouldn't be a pleasant sight now would it."

The driver and the guard were astonished," who is that? and how did you get in there?" ask the driver.

The carriage was boarded by two bandits when they stopped to move the tree that was blocking the road, one was inside the carriage and the other one was on the top of it.

"Get out of the way!" shouted the carriage driver, as the carriage was moving at a very fast pace towards the man, he drew his sword and launched an attack on the carriage, suddenly ice started to form under the horse's hoof and the carriage, creating a bridge over the man.

After the carriage passed over him it came to a stop, "what was that just now?" asked the carriage driver," someone else is here," said the bandit on top of the carriage, "I see you guys are up to no good, said a voice coming from the forest close to the roadside.

The bandit who was standing on the road turned his attention to where the voice came from and said," it seems like we have company."

"The bandit on top of the carriage hopped off, he and his friend both launched simultaneous attacks in the direction where the voice was coming from, a wall of earth rose and block their attacks after that two white butterflies made their way towards the bandits," what? butterflies," said one of the bandits.

The butterflies landed on them and they were both paralyzed, "I can't move, said one of the bandits to the other," neither can I," replied the other one.

The bandit that was in the carriage came out, he saw his comrades paralyzed, "listen if you want the loot your gonna have to fight me for it," said the bandit to the forest in front of him.

Shadow then came out of the forest and said, "I'm not here for the loot I'm here for you, filthy bandits."

The bandit then ran towards Shadow with his sword drawn and said, "why you bastard!" As he launched an attack, Shadow dodged it and grabbed his sword with his hand, the bandit was astonished, Shadow froze it and said, "Shatter."

The sword was broken into a million pieces, the bandit was very afraid, he ran pasts his comrades, Hex then appeared where the other two bandits were, they too were astonished as well, she released them and they took off running.

"Shadow, you made the guy wet himself," said Blaine, Jett started to laugh, "did I?" Asked Shadow, "those two soiled themselves," said Hex, Jett was on the ground laughing even harder.

"Who are those guys?" asked the carriage driver, "how should I know, all I know is that they saved us from those bandits," said the guard, "you guys are from the West Kingdom, I can tell by your outfits, you are members of the kings delivery service," said Shadow.

"How do you know that? We tried our best to disguise ourselves, so we wouldn't run into any trouble but I guess we didn't do a good job," said the carriage driver," I just made a wild guess, don't beat yourself up about it, by the way, I'm Shadow and these are my friends.

"Nice to meet you, said the carriage driver and his companion, "we are heading to the Central Kingdom," said the driver, "well you guys are in luck, 'cause that's where we are heading as well," said Blaine.

"We could use the protection, just in case," said the driver," and we are heading that way," said Hex, "ok it's settled, let's go! Said Shadow.

After arriving in the Central Kingdom the driver explained to Princess Arada how they got lost along the way and how Shadow and his friends came to their rescue.

Joy saw them, she remembered them from the village, she was afraid but a different feeling started to come over her," they seem different from the last time, even the one that uses the ice, something has changed," thought joy to herself.

Suddenly Shadow started to make his way over to her, she was a little bit fearful but she stood her ground, "I'm sorry for what I did to you and your people back in the village, now I understand, you son opened my eyes," said Shadow.

"William, he is truly an amazing young man, I accept your apology, "said Joy, "I notice I haven't seen him around," said Shadow," he will be back soon, he went on a mission with his friend," said Joy.

"Ok we will be in the Kingdom for a couple of days," said Shadow, he and the friends then left the castle.

Two days later a portal opened in the dining room of the castle, William, Zeph, Evan, and Rose came through the portal, "we are home," said William, the dining hall was empty," where could everyone be?" asked Rose.

"William, your back!" shouted Deana, she ran and hugged him, I knew I heard sounds coming from here, it's good to see you guys are back safe and sound, you had some visitors a few days ago William.

I'll send a guard to go and fetch them for you," said Deana," visitors? I wonder who they could be, by the way where is Beatrice?" asked William.

"She went out to the inner courtyard, she'll be back soon," said Deana, "My Prince you have returned," said Thomas, "Uncle Thomas, it seems like a long time since I have last seen you," said William's as he was greeting Thomas.

"I have been building an army for you, come take a look," said Thomas," an army?" asked William, they all went to the back of the castle, William saw about five thousand men, when they saw Prince William they all bowed down, William was astonished.

"Talk to them my Prince," said Thomas, "Rise, I am truly grateful for your service to the Central Kingdom, together we will build a safe and stronger Kingdom," said William, the army started to cheer and chant, " Prince William! Prince William!"

"Thomas you have outdone yourself here," said William, "thank you My Prince but this is mostly you, after you left, supplies keep on coming in from the East Kingdom, weapons, armors, food, and many other items,

Three days ago supplies started to come from the West Kingdom, they both came with notes written on them saying for Prince William and the Central Kingdom," said Thomas.

"King Nasheem, King Ignatius," said William with a smile, after William and the others left the back of the castle and made their way to the inner courtyard to find Beatrice, within the castle curtain walls they met Shadow, Hex, Jett, and Blaine.

"These were the visitors I was telling you about earlier on brother," said Deana.

"Shadow?" said William.

Hex waved to Rose.

After their last encounter which didn't end on a good note, they now stood face to face with the Dark-Hunters.

"Everyone except Rose, Evan, and Zeph leave us," said William.