Chapter 4: "Escaped"

Other soldiers could be heard coming from a distance, because of the uproar, William turned around to Evan and that's when he and his mother noticed it was William, they were shocked, but there was no time for an explanation they all had to flee from the market, they were way out of the city by the time the other soldiers made their way to where the fight took place, they found their comrades on the ground in pain and unconscious.

Captain Hanson asked, "what happened here?" the onlookers weren't talking, a voice from the shadows of an alleyway said, "a young man did this," On their way back William got a scolding, his mother was still in shock, she said "how! when! Why did you leave the village? you could have been killed! what were you thinking?"

While she was fussing Evan said, "thanks for saving me back there," William smiled, and she went silent with tears in her eyes she was just happy that her sons were both ok, she hugged them tightly, then she noticed Rose.

"Well hi there, I didn't even notice you were here I am sorry, I am Joy, nice to meet you, where did you come from?", Rose said "Hello, I'm Rose." she went on to tell Joy about how William rescued her from the man who held her captive.

It takes about two days to make it back to the village so within that time William explained how Uncle Thomas was training him and teaching him how to fight, "I came across him one day in the woods when I went to get some firewood practicing some moves, I was fascinated by it so I asked him if he could teach me how to do that and he did, he said I was a fast learner so I have been secretly training with him for two years now," said William.

Joy's mouth was wide open, "so all those times you came home with bruises and muscle aches you didn't fall from a tree or got chased by a wild boar? you were training! why would Thomas do such a thing?" asked Joy, "it's not his fault,

I begged him to train me because I wanted to be strong like him and too able to protect everyone, please don't blame him, I noticed how happy everyone was at home and it brought me great joy to see a smile on everyone's face but what if something bad should happen like an outside threat who would protect everyone? I just think it's up to me to protect them." said William.

Joy's eyes were all teary again as his words left an impression on Rose and Evan, William then brought up how the kingdom she told him about compared to it now, it's a sad place and all the people were suffering, he then told her about the old man he met but just as he was about to talk about what Phillip had told him.

The Ringmaster who had Rose captive had caught up to them, "Stop! you thief," He shouted, they all turned around to see who it was, Rose was scared when she saw that it was her captor, " don't be afraid," said William, he then stepped out to face him, "give me back what you stole from me you thief," he said.

William wasn't pleased with how he was addressing Rose. "she has a name, and it's Rose, she doesn't belong to you she is a free person!" said William, "I won't let you come between me and my moneymaker so hand her over you little punk." said the Ringmaster, just as William was about to attack him Rose said, "Stop."

She started to walk slowly towards him, he started to laugh and said, "you see little boy she knows her master," William said "Rose?" she turned around and looked into his eyes, he knew at that moment that something was different about her she replied, "don't worry William I'll be ok," she turned and started walking towards the Ringmaster , she stops halfway towards him and says to him.

" You are the last chain that binds me but no more," she closes her eyes and grips the mace tighter, it began to glow and the atmosphere around her started to change, and her hair starts to float," what's happening? cut this out, this instant," he said stuttering, she opened her glowing eyes and shouts "BEGONE!"

Instantaneously he vanished from their sight no more to be seen, they were all astonished! she returned to normal she was a bit drained but William was there to help her up, with a smile he said "that was amazing Rose," she blushed.

 "What was that?" he asked she shrugged up her shoulders, Rose had unlocked a new ability, and they continued their journey to the mountains, When they got home everyone was happy to see them but they hadn't brought back much with them because of the whole incident, William then went and gave Rose a tour of the village and introduced her to the village members.

After showing her around and meeting the village members,"this place is really something else,i love it here already and all the people here are so kind, much different from most that i have met,thank you for bringing me here William," said Rose.

"Im glad you like it here,its your new home,you will fall in love with this place like how i have," said William," this is where you were born and raised?" asked Rose, "yes,with my mom and siblings,Evan and Evelyn," said William.

"Evenlyn is a really sweet child,i can she she really loves her big bro,"said Rose,"yeah, its just unfortunate that i didn't get a chance to take back something for her when i was on my adventure," said William.

"Wait, i think i might have something you could give her," said Rose as she reached into her deep pocket, she pulled out a small wooden horse,she handed it to William,"really?" asked William,"yes, you can give this to her," said Rose with a smile.

"Thank you,"said William as he took it from Rose,"lets go to her now,Evelyn is going to be so excited when she sees this,"said William excitedly.