Chapter 28: "Possessed"

A day later they returned from the Forest, Rose, Zeph, and Evan arrived at Beatrice's, "we have returned," said Evan, " wonderful did you make the spell work?" said Beatrice to Rose, "yes, I have the power that we need to save William," said Rose.

"I knew you could do it, but to make this work you'll have to connect with him on a subconscious level, and use the spell on that level to break the curse, the bond you guys share will help with the connection," said Beatrice.

Rose then lifted the Mace and placed it on William, Zeph then placed his right hand on her left shoulder and Evan placed his left hand on her right shoulder, Evan then said, "let's go," as they closed their eyes and reopened them they were in the gloomy place of William's sub-conscience, "it worked," said Evan.

"William? Where are you?" said Rose, her voice echoed back, Zeph then said, "we are not alone here so be on your guard."

Echoing footsteps could be heard but where are they coming from as they were looking around, Rose then felt the ominous presence, "there!" shouted Rose as she pointed the Mace at the dark figure approaching them, "brother?" asked Evan.

"I'm guessing you are referring to me, I'm not him, he lost the fight already," said possessed William, as he made his way into the little light that was there, his appearance was devilish an incomplete transformation," are we too late?" asked Zeph, " he hasn't lost the battle yet, we are here now William just hang on a little bit longer," said Rose, "having you here is troublesome for me, so get out!" shouted possessed, William.

He then attacked them, Zeph throw up a Solid Air Shield around them, and possessed William continued his assault, "look what they did to my brother," said Evan as he clenched his fist, "what's the plan, Rose, we can't just stand here and this shield won't last, he is pretty strong," said Zeph.

"We have to let William know that we are here so he can start fighting his way back to us, we have to weaken the Puppet Spirit then I can use the Light Magic spell," said Rose, "I hear you loud and clear," said Evan, as the shield broke Evan drew his sword and it clashed with the Puppet spirit's claws, he flashes him off then Zeph fires a couple of Air Arrows at him.

He blows them away with the flap of his wing, Evan then rushes towards him with his sword covered in flames "I'll burn you off my brother, Fire Slash: Flame Burst!" shouted Evan, as the flames touched possessed William it exploded.

"Ahhh" screamed the possessed William,  he then flew above them, "Evan is that you?" asked William, "William!" said Evan, "there he is, we are here William, we came to save you," said Rose, "I knew you guys would come, he's coming back," said William, the Puppet Spirit grew another wing, "you cannot defeat me," said Possessed William.

Zeph then said, "don't underestimate us, let's see if you can come back from this", the air around him started to build up there and in the real world as he tapped into possession, Storm Arrows: Rage of Tempest, he used his wings to shield himself from the attack but it wasn't enough.

His transformation was now even more deformed, he lost a wing, and his other wing, arms, and legs were pierced with the arrows, as possessed William screamed, "Rose it's your turn," said Zeph, she nodded, as she walked over to him she said,

 "You took someone special away from me and I want him back," her eyes started to glow, there and in the real world she stretches out the Mace in front of her," you both have the power of gods," said Possessed William.

"William, come back to us, Divine Light: Eternal Day," said Rose. 

The light that brightens the soul and overwhelms the darkness, the gloomy place was now as bright as the sun, and in Beatrice's tent, a blinding light was emitting from it. The curse was broken, William was now free from the Puppet Curse.

"Thank you for setting me free, vessels of god," said the spirit as it ascended and vanished, everyone in the Village saw the light and as it subsided they made their way to Beatrice's place they were all gathered outside.

Joy was pushing her way through the crowd she finally got through and as she was about to enter the tent she saw William in front of her, she was astonished she paused for a moment then she then hugged him and started to cry, "William you're finally awake!" said Joy.

"Yes mother," said William with a smile, "thanks to you guys, I knew you would have saved me, that was quite an experience I don't want to ever experience again," said William, the village members were happy to see that William was ok.

Hex then felt the curse disappearing, something is wrong, I can't feel the Puppet anymore," said Hex, what do you mean?" Asked Chace, "it's like someone broke the curse seal but who?" asked Hex.

"What! The seal is broken, we need to find the Prince before we return to the others just to be sure," said Chace "yes let's go," said Hex.