Chapter 6: "Teach Me!"

Back in the village, something was resting on Evan's mind, he kept on having flashbacks of what had happened at the market, he could have been killed and he wasn't strong enough to protect himself or his mother from the soldiers. "if it weren't for William I would be dead right now," he said to himself, he then went looking for William he wanted him to teach him how to fight and defend himself.

 "William, can I ask you something?" asked Evan, "yeah, what up bro?" replied William, "I was thinking about what happened in the market, I want to be strong like you, can you teach me how to fight?" asked  Evan with his head bowed, " William smiled and placed his hand on Evan's shoulder and said,"ok brother, meet me at the apple tree by the river at midday let's start with some basics," Evan was excited! "ok, I will, thank you brother," said Evan.

William, later on, asked Uncle Thomas if he could take on another student he laughed and said: "yes, the more the merrier," so later that day Evan met William by the apple tree, to train with Uncle Thomas, and William, Thomas asked him. "do you have any attributes Evan?" he had a clueless look on his face he didn't know what he meant.

Thomas explained how each person has an attribute of either Water, Air, Fire, or Earth, and some of the others have sub-elements like ice, for example, William has two, water and air which is rare, he then pushes William into the river, surprisingly he did a flip and landed on his feet he didn't sink, he was standing on it as if it were the ground, William laughed, this takes concentration and hard work, Water Manipulation.

 Then William closed his eyes for a few seconds and then he started to float over the river for about a minute, Air Manipulation, Thomas went on further to explain that certain weapons can be used to enhance your attribute but first, you have to develop your strength and skill level, he then demonstrated by using his sword along with his water attribute to cut down a huge tree in a single swoop, Evan was even more excited to learn, then the basic training began for him, running through the forest back and forth, with logs tied to his back, climbing the tallest tree's and self-defense," I wonder what my attribute could be?" thought Evan to himself while he trained.

Back home Joy asked Rose about the Mace she had, "it seems magical, I notice you don't let it out of your sight, said Joy, she told her "it belonged to my grandmother she gave it to me before she died, she said I should keep it safe and it will do the same for me," "I feel like she is still with me when I hold it close to me," joy smiled and said "then never let it go," Rose smiled and said, "I won't," "So where are your parents? asked Joy, Rose replied, "I don't know my father, my mother left me with my grandmother and said she would come back for me but that was years ago I haven't seen her since."

 "Well don't worry about it you can stay here as long as you want and you should learn how to use your Mace, I think there is someone here who can help you with that," said Joy.

After they had finished talking Joy took Rose to an elderly woman in the village she was a witch doctor who was said to possess certain magical skills, "Rose I would like you to meet Beatrice," said Joy, Rose saw a short wrinkled old lady in a colorful dress and her head was wrapped in cloth similar to the one that made her dress and she also had a blackbird on her shoulder, "Hi, there it's nice to meet you," said Beatrice, She then felt powerful energy coming from the Mace.

Later on that night, Joy went to see Thomas, "what were you thinking? Why didn't you tell me that you were teaching William how to fight?" said Joy,  "I couldn't I swore that I wouldn't tell anyone, remember he is the Prince how could I disobey his orders?" asked Thomas, " he doesn't know that but you do have a point," said Joy.

 "You know that one day you will have to tell him the truth?" said Thomas, "I know but I don't know how to tell him, don't you see how happy he is here I don't want to throw his life into chaos," said Joy. 

"Joy his destiny is far greater than just this village, the entire Central Kingdom belongs to him that's his village, he will find out one way or the other if you keep delaying so it's best if he finds out from you," said Thomas.

"I know, I know, I promised Queen Margo I'd protect him, i just hope I can find the right time to tell him who he truly is," said Joy," well make it quick cause he is growing in strength and power, he will soon leave here to see the world for himself, you can't hold on to him for too long," said Thomas.

 "Ok, I never thought this day would come but here we are now," said Joy," oh, I'm now teaching Evan the same way I taught William," said Thomas, "Evan too, what can I do? he wants to protect me," said Joy.