Cyberpsycho in the Penthouse: Part 1

*beep* *beep* *beep*
"Fuuuuuuck, fiiiine."

The slivers of broken light peaked through the partially closed blinds, giving you a rude awakening, as they did every morning. Cold air from the AC greeted your body, as you threw off the covers and mentally prepared yourself for the new day. The smell of coffee started to fill the air thanks to your coffee machines automatic timer, and outside you could hear the muffled sound of traffic.

Finally feeling awake, you began your morning routine and maneuvered your self through the pile of unpacked boxes that surrounded your apartment. First you visited your bathroom, a small room that had its own stand up shower in one corner, the toilet across from it, and a large mirror above the sink. You fished through the box sitting on the counter and pulled out your bathing toiletries, and a towel. After a quick and steamy shower, you changed into something comfortable, turned on the radio, and opened the blinds, taking in the urban jungle that Night City was. The window overlooks several buildings, the streets of Little China, and the skyline beyond.

Your apartment also sat on the eighth floor of the Megabuilding H10 in the district of Watson, and was only 5 minutes away from the Black Pyramid where Hawks was, and 5 minutes away from the NCPD precinct

Just as you were about to start planning your day, your phone rang with that signature ringtone, and you answered, hoping you'd be given some work to do.

"Hey, Hawks." You said, pouring yourself a cup of coffee in the kitchen, in the background of the call you could faintly hear the nightclub.

"Hey, y/n," he responded, cheerfully. "Have you settled in all right at your new place?" You sipped on your coffee and walked towards the window, looking at the view.
"Yeah for the most part. Last week when you said I'd be getting a bonus, I expected something small, like a puppy or a gun. This is a pretty big bonus. I'm also pretty sure my neighbor is a crackhead."

He laughed so loudly, you almost had to move your head from the phone, "It comes with the territory, good ole Night City. It wasn't just my idea though, Toshinori also had a hand in it. Now that you're back in the business, we figured you'd want your own place, instead of commuting all the way from your Moms." Taking another sip, you thought about your Mom and the rest of the Nomad family, out there in the badlands. Mom always says that no matter what happens, there's always a spot for you at the clan.

"You don't have to pity me, you know. I'm sure I would have saved up enough eventually and gotten a place." Receiving help from someone always made you uncomfortable, a trait you picked up from your father. 'Stubborn like your father,' your mother would always say.

"I know you would've, birdie. I don't pity you, just want to help. But speaking of help, I need yours. Are you free right now?" He didn't stop to give you enough time to answer before he started to describe the mission.
"It's a luxury hotel called Ashcroft Hotel. One of the owners has informed a merc of mine that a cyber psycho is tearing up one of the penthouses, and they'd like us to discreetly dispose of him. They do not want MaxTac involved or anything that can ruin their reputation."